Customer Support Specialist – Energy Advisory
Do you love working with people? Do you have a passion for helping people, for saving the environment and for learning about energy efficiency? If yes, we want to hear from you! We are hiring self-motivated, engaging, and energetic individuals to join our team of Energy Advisors who are on a mission to help customers reduce their energy consumption and save money.
WHO ARE WE?
ICF is a growing company with a large commercial energy business. Within our energy line of business, we work with leading utility and energy companies across the US and Canada to help them design and implement various energy programs where we work with customers and contractors to provide simple but effective solutions to reduce energy costs.
WHAT DOES A RESIDENTIAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY ADVISOR DO?
Our team of Energy Advisors provide technical customer support for our energy efficiency rebate programs in a non-scripted setting. Our Energy Advisory Specialists have outgoing personalities and they enjoy helping people solve their energy problems.
Ideal candidates possess a passion for helping utility customers identify solutions that will allow them to reduce their energy consumption. Candidates will also work with regional trade contractors (HVAC or home improvement) to assist and educate them on energy saving opportunities and rebates. Candidates must possess an interest in learning more about energy efficiency and smart home technologies. Technical program training will be provided.
- Provide exemplary service while educating consumers and trade contractors on active rebate program features, service offerings, program value and benefits
- Accurately assess account information and energy usage history to determine program and rebate eligibility
- Explain energy-saving strategies in terminology appropriate for the audience (i.e. utility consumers and trade contractors)
- Actively listen to customer needs and goals and appropriately describe and promote the program that meets the customer’s goal
- Work with pre-qualified leads and schedule appointments for improvement projects
- Assist customers and contractors with the application process
- Perform a desk-top eligibility review and quality validation of rebate applications submitted by customers and contractors
- Complete all commitments offered to customer in a timely manner; i.e. call backs, application updates, email responses, etc.
- Identify and resolve customer issues with professionalism and with the collaboration of cross-functional team members as appropriate
- Perform the assigned duties with minimal supervision, but also work in a team problem-solving environment
- Follow all policies and guidelines set by company
- Maintain confidentiality regarding company and utility customer information
QUALIFICATIONS OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer-centric mindset
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Access to reliable transportation
- Passionate about making a difference
- Love working with people
- Great oral and written communication skills (talking and listening)
- Quick learner who is eager to improve professional skills
- Ability to actively listen and take initiative to seek actionable solutions to customer goals
- Flexible with the capacity to thrive in a high-change business environment
- An action-oriented and results-driven individual who likes to be the one-stop solution or advisor for customers
- Experience in inside/outside sales or appointment setting is a plus!
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arizona Remote Office (AZ99)