Job Title : Employment Specialist
US Program: Economic Empowerment
Duration: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Band: 8B2
The Employment Specialist is responsible for managing the provision of services to assist newly arrived refugee clients to attain self sufficiency through employment. Specifically, the Employment Specialist ensures services that include employment preparation, placement, career enhancement services and follow-up services. The Employment Specialist operates under close supervision with moderate latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative. This position reports to the Employment Supervisor.
- Providing intake, assessment, and pre-employment/job readiness orientation to clients eligible for employment services.
- Developing comprehensive employment plans for each employable adult.
- Providing both group and one-on-one intense job readiness orientations that provide clients with the basic skills required to enhance their employability.
- Developing and cultivating long term relationships with area employers in order to identify appropriate employment opportunities for clients.
- Determining specific employment opportunities appropriate to clients and assisting clients in accessing these opportunities by guiding them through the hiring process.
- Monitoring job performance, wage level, and employer/employee satisfaction.
- Assisting clients and employers as necessary with post placement issues and continuing employment needs.
- Ensuring timely and accurate compliance to all reporting requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with case file management and reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant work experience in human services field.
- Demonstrated experience with the US job search process and the ability to coach effectively clients through the nuanced process of securing employment.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively; contributing both independently and as a key team member.
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English; bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.