- Generic Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with CC strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- CC specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of CC project(s)
- CC specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of CC project(s)
- CC specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities
- CC specific technical responsibility for project documentation of technical activities of CC project(s)
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Specific responsibilities
- Lead and motivate the local NRC Emergency team in providing a timely response to assessed emergency needs on the ground.
- Actively lead and participate in emergency assessments and ensure their coordination with relevant government and non-government actors in the field level.
- Ensure timely, quality reporting of assessments, reports and surveys to senior management as directed and requested.
- Analyse other assessments from NRC’s core competencies in Area of Responsibility and ensure Emergency team follows up on resulting beneficiary assistance.
- Continuously monitor and oversee beneficiary selection and ensure accountability and transparency.
- Responsible for the correct distribution of assistance to beneficiaries in Areas of Responsibility.
- Responsible for the regular monitoring and quality control of emergency stocks received in Areas of Responsibility.
- Supervise and monitor the work of the Emergency Field Assistant(s).
- Identify potential partners with whom assessments and emergency interventions could be established in the Area of Responsibility.
- Prepare Plans of Action for emergency response, taking into account the nature, scale and location of the emergency.
- Referring and IPA case for the relevant protection assistance organization and monitoring and tracking the protection cases to receive protection assistance.
- Represent NRC in relevant meetings in the Area of Responsibility.
- Represent the Emergency team in the office coordination meetings.
- Participate in field visits from donors and SO staff.
- 2-3 years’ experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated team supervision and management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessments.
- Experience in working in insecure/conflict environments.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience in representation and interaction with local government officials, UN, and NGO representatives.
- Demonstrated excellent report drafting skills.
- Computer literacy
- Able to set and meet own deadlines.
- Able to work productively in periods of high stress and activity.
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Education title: University degree in Social Sciences, Business Management, Economic
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected