Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified emergency manager who can support the successful implementation of DRC’s emergency programming in NW/SW Cameroon. Successful candidates will have a least 4 years of emergency program implementation experience in complex humanitarian contexts.
About the job
DRC has been active in Cameroon’s NW/SW region response since 2018. At present, programming includes protection, child protection, and emergency shelter and NFI response. DRC is looking to expand current programming and is looking for an emergency manager to support in the implementation of DRC’s emergency portfolio. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage the successful implemention of DRC’s emergency programming in the NW/SW region of Cameroon
- Manage a team of at least 3 people including 2 Emergency Project Assistants and 1 Emergency Project Officer.
- Support the devleopment of new DRC emergency projects in line with DRC’s program strategy for the region/country program
- Produce timely internal and external reporting in line with donor requirements
- Collaborate with DRC’s information management officer to successful monitor and evaluate DRC’s emergency programming outputs/outcomes
- Build program staff technical capacity in line with project requirements.
- Manage DRC’s emergency project budget’s in coordination with the area and support service managers in line with donor requirements.
- Attend relevant external coordination meetings when necessary.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have extensive experience in a complex crisis environment and be willing to adapt to a challenging security context. Candidates should have experience with managing largescale multi-sector emergency distributions, and have experience with emergency program development. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field, master’s degree preferred.
- 4 years of experience managing emergency projects in complex crises
- Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Fluent English speaker
- Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and support multi-sector programmes including operational planning and problem solving.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 months with possibility of extension
Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompanied/Non-family duty station
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Katrina Zacharewski, Area Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 15/01/2020
*Applications will be reviewd on a rolling basis.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.