CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in 63 countries; for further information about the association: http://www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI has been working in Colombia since 1986, with an emergency response to the Armero landslide, and has had a permanent presence in the country since 1998. HI promotes respect for the rights of people with disabilities with a special focus on improvised landmine and ERW victims and their families. HI Colombia currently focuses on five areas of intervention: physical rehabilitation, psychosocial support, socio economic inclusion livelihoods and protection. Moreover, the organization strives to empower people with disabilities in the design and implementation of public policies.
HI, has been assigned by the Colombian authorities for the post-conflict 7 zones in 7 priority municipalities for mine clearance. Demining operations have started in 2017 in Meta and Cauca and in 2018 in Caquetá, and Victim Assistance and Mine Risk Education activities are also implemented in these departments. It is sought a greater integration of all activities/components through a comprehensive Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) approach and the Program has developed proposals which include protection of vulnerable civilians.
Additionally, actions to respond to immediate emergency needs of migrants from Venezuela takes shape in 2019, in alliance with DRC and Pastoral Social (Colombian Caritas). The integrated protection program aims at delivering protection services and material assistance
to mixed migrants (MMs) in coordination with UNHCR, local authorities, and other relevant humanitarian
actors in the main migrants entry points along the border between Venezuela and Colombia. HI will mainly manage and implement the component of health: psychosocial support and physical rehabilitation.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Under the line management of the Program Director and in close coordination with Operations, Logistics, Finance and Human Resources Departments, you are responsible for coordinating the launch phase of the project funded by ECHO and led by DRC :
Integrated Protection Assistance Program for mixed migrants coming from Venezuela
In this framework, your main duties are:
• Program Coordination
• Logistics and Finance Management: manage the launching phase of the project for logistics and financial set-up, according to both procedures of HI and the consortium leader (DRC)
• Team Management
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You hold a Master’s degree
• You have at least 4 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts and 3 years of experience in senior management of programs;
• You master both Spanish and English
• You have a good understanding of proposal development and donors’ guidelines
• You have strong organizational skills
• You are autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities
• You have a strong sense of diplomacy
• You have strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
You will be based 50 % in Bogota and 50 % in Riohacha, Cucuta, Barranquilla
– Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem : 489,95€ net/month
– Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday : 25 days per year
– R&R : 1 day per month
– Status : position unaccompanied
– Housing : Collective / individual taken in charge by HI