DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
DAI seeks a full-time Organizational Development Specialist for the USAID funded El Salvador Local Solutions program. The program’s purpose is to develop the capacity of Salvadoran Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) that are poised to support development outcomes the USAID Mission seeks over the long-term. The program will address key capacity development gaps that limit the effectiveness of CSOs to achieve sustainable and significant impact, be accountable to their constituents, and be able to generate and manage resources. The expected result at the end of the program is the creation of a cadre of highly capable organizations that have the capacity to plan, seek funding for and implement development initiatives, thereby reducing the need for USAID and international assistance over the long term.
• Serve as focal point and/or team leader for organizational capacity assessments of target Civil Society Organizations utilizing USAID’s Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) methodology, and supporting tools including USAID’s Non-U.S. Organization Pre-Award Survey (NUPAS);
• Develop capacity building plans in close collaboration with target Civil Society Organizations that reflect priority needs and findings of the HICD assessment;
• Write terms of reference for programmatic and administrative subject matter experts needed to build the capacity of target Civil Society Organizations, and oversee subsequent delivery of the technical assistance;
• Build and maintain effective relationships with local organizations and provide ongoing coaching and mentorship of organizations throughout the capacity building process;
• Coordinate with the program’s M&E specialist and partner Civil Society Organizations to track partner progress in achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
• Advise the Project Manager regarding partner Civil Society Organizations’ readiness to graduate from program assistance.
• Minimum 8 years of experience managing organizational development projects or programs focused on the civil society, public sector, or private sector. Relevant experience includes in business process management, change management, organizational capacity development, and management consulting.
• BA (or equivalent) in business, social sciences, or related field; Advanced Degree (Masters’ or equivalent) in Business preferred.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing structured approaches and tools to assess and increase organizational performance and capacity of organizations
• Demonstrated knowledge of the civil society sector in El Salvador
• Familiarity or experience with international donor programs, particularly USAID, is preferred.
• Must be a citizen of El Salvador
• Fluency in Spanish and English