- Generic responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement to the education team
- Ensure proper filing of documents and MoVs is in place and followed.
- Specific responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing the planned education activities at the field level in close coordination with the field team and Education Officer
- In close cooperation with the members of the project team provide technical support in implementation of the planned activities at the field level in districts
- Ensure that activities are in accordance with norms and standards defined by the education team
- Provide technical support and guidance to the field teams in implementation of field tasks/activities
- Provide inputs and support in reporting of the technical needs and support of the field teams and report to the Education Officer
- Contribute in preparation of the monthly reports and as required
- Provide technical inputs and data of the field to the Education officer and Technical officer (team leader) when required in development of proposals and budgets
- Build coordination mechanisms at the community level for the field teams and community stakeholders
- Support community teams in community mobilization and data collection and analysis
- Communicate, exchange information and co-operate with relevant communities and the community level
- Provide support in working closely with the local staff of Education Sector partners in Ministries, UN agencies, Institutions and Non-Governmental Organisations at the community level and province level when required
- Participate in relevant meetings when required
- Actively promote the rights of IDPs/returnees
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Education Officer, Education Technical Officer (Team Leader) PM and/or Area Manager.
- 12th Graduate, Diploma, and/or Bachelor in Education and/or other social sciences
- One to two years’ relevant experience in Education and Education in Emergencies
- Experience from working in a humanitarian, INGO, UN agencies, and line ministries
- Skills in community mobilization, team work, and planning and field work
- Good knowledge and understanding of Education in Emergencies, Community Based Education, and Accelerated Learning Program.
- Good knowledge of the fields and context in Kandahar province
- Good Knowledge of coordination mechanisms with education stakeholders and communities
- Understand and develop positive attitudes
- Knowledge in English language – written and spoken (good), Pashto and Dari
- Should Respect deadline.
- Education title: 12th Graduate, Diploma, or Bachelor in Education or other social science.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected