Tetra Tech ARD is accepting applications for an Editor/Production Specialist. Prior technical editing, document production, and production experience is required, as are expert MS Office skills and exceptional attention to detail. Prior experience with proposals, particularly with the US government is strongly preferred. Additional desired skills include graphics experience and proficiency in Spanish or French. It is essential that candidates demonstrate outstanding communications, teamwork, and leadership skills. Strategic thinking for visualization and the ability to handle a heavy workload with poise and professionalism are necessary for the successful candidate. The Editor/Production Specialist is a member of the Production team and works under the general supervision of the Editor-In-Chief.
This position is based in Burlington, Vermont.
* Collaborate with technical staff on the development and production of proposals in response to USAID and other donors, reports, and case studies, and/or other products from inception to distribution. Liaise with sector staff to produce engaging print and digital products to showcase their work in creative ways;
* Edit for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style. Exercise good judgment in assessing the level of edit a piece of documentation requires at every stage of the process;
* Develop and execute internal and external review processes of documentation as needed;
* Provide formatting and general document and multimedia production following an existing set of preferences, styles, and design templates;
* Collaborate across departments as needed to contribute to operational efficiencies; and
* Perform other tasks as deemed appropriate and necessary.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field;
* Minimum of three (3) years of professional editorial and production experience;
* Excellent writing, technical editing, proofreading skills and strong verbal communication skills are critical;
* Proven experience coordinating editing, revisions, and layout activities; determination of priorities; and management for tight deadlines of multiple tasks with a good sense of humor;
* Experience with US government procurements highly preferred;
* Experience with information graphics, interactive PDFs, or other multimedia preferred;
* Strong organizational experience that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
* Full proficiency in MS Office is required; experience with Adobe Design, Corel Draw, and MS Project is highly preferred; experience producing infographics and multimedia deliverables is desirable;
* Proficiency in French or Spanish desirable; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.