The Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC) is the premier research and data arm of the World Bank. Under the leadership of the Vice President and World Bank Group Chief Economist, DEC sets the Bank’s research agenda and advises Bank Management on a wide range of development policy issues. DEC also advises policy makers on development challenges and helps to promote development issues within the broad development community.
The Development Data Group (DECDG) under the Development Economics Vice Presidency provides global public goods, including methods, standards, and tools for data work, as well as high-quality development indicators and datasets. DECDG also supports member countries engaged in building their statistical capacity, supports the use of development data within the World Bank, and manages several Trust Funds to support the global data agenda. The work of DECDG calls for an extensive partnership with the Word Bank’s Global Practices and country teams, other international organizations, and member countries’ statistical offices.
DECDG is seeking to recruit an economist/statistician to support its work program on economic statistics. The incumbent should possess knowledge in economic statistics, in particular national accounts, as well as statistical operations in developing countries. The work program will include:
– The collection/curation of economic statistics for the World Development Indicators (WDI), World Bank operational and income classifications and other statistical outputs. This entails:
– Supporting ongoing research and coordination activities to advance the update of the System of National Accounts and other statistical standards, in particular to support testing and implementation of proposed guidance.
– Supporting technical assistance activities support aimed at building capacity in national accounts, required source data and statistical infrastructure in client countries.
– Providing technical advice and guidance on the national accounts requirements for the International Comparison Program, in particular the compilation of the GDP from the expenditure side and Supply and Use Tables.
Do you meet the following selection criteria? If so, we encourage you to apply:
• Master’s Degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, or related field.
• Statistical Knowledge and Experience – Demonstrates substantive working or functional proficiency level sufficient to apply this competency to all tasks requiring the competency including those with significant challenges.
Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|