Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract (USAID Learns) . The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaboration, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI is seeking a short-term EG2 Advisor to provide presentations and overview of the USAID Economic Growth Development Objectives (DO1) under the USAID/Vietnam’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to support the better understanding of the DO1 monitoring and evaluation. The Advisor will work collaboratively with the Monitoring Director, in close and ongoing collaboration with all Monitoring and Capacity Building team members.
**Please Note: Candidates are required to be Vietnamese citizens residing in Vietnam.**
The Economic Growth Senior Advisor with a deep technical knowledge of the USAID Economic Growth Development Objectives (DO1) will be expected to provide overall technical background information / analysis of USAID-related engagements and strategy to help strengthen SI’s services and associated areas. Specific technical assistance to the SI and the USAID-Learns team is expected to include some of the f ollowing:
- Broad analysis and sharing of overall DO1 objectives and thematic engagements based on publicly available documentation and past-experience.
- Background and brief analysis of GVN related-engagements.
- Possible analysis and highlight of rising Monitoring and Evaluation opportunities
- Answers ad-hoc (relevant) questions which may arise when Learns technical staff offer technical assistance to DO1 staff or IPs.
Level of Effort (LOE ) : Up to 8 days.
Desired start date : June 2021
Timeframe: From start date until December 31, 2021
- Have an advanced degree from an accredited university.
- Have at least 10 years of senior level technical experience in working with USAID-funded projects and with DO 1 USAID activities in Vietnam.
- Have a very strong grasp of USAID/Vietnam especially under DO1 and its activities in Vietnam and a strong familiarity with a variety of related funded activities and their implementing partners in Vietnam.
- Fluency in Vietnamese language and high-level professional proficiency in English (writing, speaking, and reading).
The closing date for application: 06 June 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.