DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
DAI seeks an Economic Development Lead for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt Nosf Misr program. Nosf Misr will be a five-year activity focused on supporting gender equality and female empowerment, with a concentration on advancement of the enabling environment for women’s empowerment, economic opportunity, and prevention and protection from gender-based violence.
- Provide technical and managerial daily oversight on all aspects of economic opportunities activities and program goals and works collaboratively with other project leads to meet overall program objectives.
- Determine key sectors and firms for program intervention in target areas and develop strategies to encourage the uptake of the Women’s Empowerment Principles in these sectors and firms.
- In coordination with activities related to enabling environment, facilitate advocacy campaigns around women-friendly workplaces with private sector employers.
- Manage a network of local accelerators, incubators, and angel investors/venture capitalists to provide training, business development services, financing, and other non-financial services to women entrepreneurs.
- Coordinate with other relevant donor-funded programs to develop marketable skills among female workers through the support of appropriate training programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, or other related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience, including managerial experience and previous work in entrepreneurship and capacity building in the private sector, ideally in Egypt or a similar development context.
- Experience working with accelerators, incubators, venture capitalists, and angel investors.
- Experience coordinating multiple stakeholders, including government, civil society, and private sector.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to NosfMisr@dai.com. Applicants should note their area of expertise in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.