WYG are soon to be known as Tetra Tech – and as we grow, we are now looking for talented Ecologists at all levels nation-wide, to join us to work on our diverse portfolio of projects.
Our transition into Tetra Tech is leading to exciting opportunities and we need committed and skilled people to help us grow our team, lead our work and support our clients. Being a Project Management-led consultancy, we need the strongest possible team of both technical experts and project leaders who can help us deliver quality work, in a commercial environment.
If the above is of interest, we are keen to hear from Ecologists at Assistant to Director-level who can add value to our team. We are interested in recruiting at all grades – and candidates with the following skills (in particular) are encouraged to apply;
- Biodiversity Net Gain (especially for development-led & infrastructure works)
- Natural Capital accounting (incl. topic-experts)
- Infrastructure expertise (incl. road, rail, water and at leadership-level)
- Environmental/Ecology Project Management
- Bat licences (incl. BMCL & tree-climbing)
- Those located in the South-east, Midlands, Ireland & Scotland
- All our teams are successfully working remotely at present, and our IT systems enable us to work seamlessly, so your proximity to a WYG office is not a barrier to joining us, as we want to focus on your talents & skills, not your postcode.
In return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension, car or car allowance for all grades and a range of flexible benefits including health cover, retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote/home working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or potential job share’s.
And if the timing’s not quite right for you, please do still to get in touch as we will always consider bespoke working arrangements or a deferred start date to attract the best people
We also understand how ecologists think and work and have introduced ecology-specific measures to allow the team to fulfil their potential:
- We encourage the development of well-rounded ecologists who can talk about all stages of a project rather than just a niche area. We don’t automatically pigeon-hole people and encourage diversification of skills and the passing on of knowledge to fellow ecologists. We usually hold annual all-ecology get-togethers where our in-house experts provide training, licensing and technology updates to help us all operate to the same standards
- We utilise bespoke training and support from our in-house experts regardless of location, and to allow the right people to work on the projects that interest them, while delivering them to the highest standards.
- Given that all grades of ecologist complete site visits and meetings, we provide the choice of a company car or car allowance, to every member of the team.
- Our bat handling licence incentivisation scheme thanks those ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving their licence – we know it’s not easy! And to show our support of personal development, we award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered Environmentalist or Ecologist status through CIEEM.
- We work closely with many other teams, including Planners, Archaeologists, Landscape Architects, Masterplanners and Engineers. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
- We also have an established TOIL system which allows ecologists to manage their time to suit their specific personal needs, alongside the seasonal demands of the role.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.