Social Impact is seeking an Early Childhood Education Advisor for the LEGO Foundation Learning and Design Partner for Community of Practice-Capacity Building Project (East and Southern Africa). This is a short-term position.
- Provide technical guidance in the areas of early childhood development and learning to play approaches across East and Southern Africa.
- Support with the implementation of the learning to play diagnostic tool, design of the community of practice structure.
- Able to provide ongoing capacity building support for learn-to-play focused early childhood education centers on how to implement learn-to-play approaches.
- Help to develop the learning agenda and learning systems and carry out learning activities.
- Advise on approaches to disseminate learnings and conduct advocacy activities in support of learn-to-play approaches.
- Master’s degree or higher in early childhood education, education, psychology or relevant field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in early childhood development and early learning education sector.
- Strong familiarity with learn-to-play approaches, and able to draw on existing literature or evidence to advise early childhood education implementers.
- Strategic connections within the global early childhood education sector, with preference for East and/or Southern Africa.
- Prior research experience in early learning/development, including strong technical knowledge of measuring non-verbal reasoning, resilience, pre-literacy/numeracy and/or psycho-social development for children in the 3-6 age group.
- Proven ability to create, adapt, and implement early childhood development and/or psychological instruments in new contexts.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in East and/or Southern Africa desired.
- English language fluency required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.