PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks an Early Childhood Development Technical Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) activity in Rwanda. The INECD activity will promote nurturing and responsive care practices, especially in the areas of health, functioning, nutrition, and early childhood development (ECD) for caregivers and children. Specifically, the activity aims to improve health and nutrition outcomes among women of reproductive age and adolescents and improve infant and young child feeding practices. It also aims to address child development gaps and significant unmet physical rehabilitation and assistive technology, and social inclusion needs for infants and children. The activity will focus on community and health facility-level service delivery, community-health facility linkages and district level coordination and capacity development, as well as address issues of inclusion and participation, including access to programs and services for children and adults with disabilities, in line with Government of Rwanda priorities.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for activities associated with improving ECD, positive parenting, and social inclusion.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the project’s ECD portfolio;
- Ensure the technical quality and integrity of the project’s ECD investments;
- Oversee development of tools, guidelines, and standards, where necessary, to improve program integration and implementation;
- Ensure ECD programming is fully aligned with Government of Rwanda nutrition, health and ECD policies and USAID’s policy priorities;
- Contribute to project design, learning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Design and oversee ECD-related research;
- Represent the project in national ECD networks and key coordination forums;
- Build capacity of government and CBO counterparts in ECD and ensure coordination across stakeholders;
- Represent the project’s ECD portfolio to the donor and high-level government officials; and
- Undertake other activities upon request.