Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group (WBG), and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance (PRI) and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by noncommercial risks. For more information, visit http://www.miga.org
MIGA’s Operations Department (MIGOP) – Infrastructure, MAS and Trade Operations has primary responsibility for overseeing the portfolio management of the Agency. In order to maximize its development mandate, MIGA must stay focused on supporting the needs of its developing member countries, while complementing the activities of other public and private insurers. MIGA’s operational priorities focus on investments in IDA countries; investments in conflict-afflicted environments; support for complex deals, especially those involving project financing; and support for South-South investments.
Duties and Accountabilities:
This is a full-time temporary support position to the MIGOP Business Unit for Portfolio Management. Primary responsibilities will include the following activities:
• Provide full administrative support to the Global Portfolio Head and the Portfolio team; co-managing the calendar and work priorities;
• Provide comprehensive support for mission travel: arranging flights, hotels, local transport, and travel visas;
• Prepare routine correspondence, standard MIGA documents such as waivers and consent letters, and proofread materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style; to include preparation of documents packages for required internal clearances;
• Arrange meetings, workshops and events for the business unit, and handle logistics as needed;
• Assist with the preparation of presentation materials, perform ad-hoc research, and produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., including preparation and maintenance of the portfolio
• Exercise a quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental and institutional guidelines;
• Provide back-up to other teams and the Front Office in MIGOP as directed by the Portfolio team and Director as needed.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area. Demonstration of initiative in learning and/or supporting implementation of emerging technology and systems.
• High degree of flexibility, and a demonstrated capacity to handle a variety of multiple concurrent activities, to prioritize and balance competing demands under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, with good judgment, discretion, and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive matters.
• Excellent communication in the English language (written and spoken) and outstanding interpersonal skills, organizational, administrative, and time management.
• Ability to quickly learn the World Bank policies, procedures and relevant systems
• High level of motivation, commitment, and reliability.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|