IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest
global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging
markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and
influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In
fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private
companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the
power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity
as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For
more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC’s Communications and Outreach Department is responsible for managing IFC’s communications and outreach strategy with a focus on the Corporation’s business priorities, including cross cutting themes. The Corporate Communications team is responsible for communicating the organization’s message and priorities with both internal and external audiences, with the goal of maximizing IFC’s reach and impact, aligning messages, and strategically targeting key audiences.
We are seeking an ET Consultant, Social Media Specialist, to be based in Washington DC, to work within the Corporate Communications unit and in close coordination with colleagues from across IFC, to help strategically communicate and enhance IFC’s reputation and presence on social media.
Roles and Responsibilities:
IFC’s Social Media team, part of the Corporate Communications Unit, is responsible for the quality and relevance of IFC’s social media channels, ensuring its content is aligned with IFC’s strategy and presented in the most engaging way, offering the best user experience, and upholding the highest editorial and multimedia standards.
We are looking for a candidate who will be tasked with producing regular high-quality content, in multilingual languages (preferably English and Arabic and/or Spanish), for IFC’s social accounts and those of its Management Team, aimed at driving engagement and expanding reach. In addition, ensuring consistency and coherence between all of IFC’s social media accounts and measuring the impact of social media activities will also be high on the chosen candidate’s agenda. We seek a candidate who is creative, experienced and strategic, and who cherishes teamwork, advanced planning, and clear reporting and analysis. This is a unique opportunity to work at the heart of an international organization’s efforts to leverage the power of social media to accomplish its mission of creating opportunities where they are needed most. The chosen candidate will report to the Head of Digital Communications.
The chosen candidate will be expected to:
• Produce and edit content for IFC’s corporate accounts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram, in particular.
• Produce multilingual content in English and preferably Arabic and/or Spanish for IFC’s corporate social media and regional channels.
• Create weekly content calendars and ensure close coordination and collaboration between all relevant units involved.
• Develop outreach strategies to drive social media traffic to IFC.org and to some of IFC’s flagship products, including its Annual Report and the IFC Insights newsletter.
• Support the implementation of the overall VPU outreach strategy, and work in close coordination with the Executive Communications Team to ensure IFC’s MD EVP and members of the Leadership Team keep ramping up their social media presence, with increasing engagement and widening of reach.
• Provide regular feedback and guidance to social media colleagues (editors and producers) working in thematic and regional areas, to ensure input reaching the social media team is of relevance and high quality.
• Proactively reach out to and develop partnerships with social media teams of partner organizations and clients to further increase IFC’s social media reach and engagement.
• Employ the latest social media tools and data-tracking instruments to measure performance of social media outreach and to analyze and report on it effectively.
• Measure the impact of social media campaigns and channels and provides actionable recommendations to improve performance.
• Develop social listening mechanisms to follow social media conversations of interest to IFC, and report on it regularly and effectively.
• Perform audience research on social media to map, identify and reach out to influencers globally with the potential to engage with IFC’s content.
• Produce regular high-quality live social media content, in close coordination with colleagues from across the VPU.
• A Master’s degree with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in communication, marketing, public relations, or other related fields.
• Multilingual language capabilities, preferably Arabic and/or Spanish.
• Proven track record of driving engagement and encouraging partnerships on social media through innovative and engaging content.
• Ability to research, identify, and map targeted audiences and stakeholders using communication tools and methodologies, such as Hootsuite, Talkwalker, Union Metrics, etc.
• Proficiency with online performance measurement, social listening, and impact analysis tools, such as Talkwalker, Brandwatch, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including drafting outstanding and engaging content.
• Ability to work under pressure and independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience using mainstream social media content management systems, basic knowledge of HTML and other online presentation tools.
• Demonstrated working knowledge and application of social media communications principles and other web 2.0 technologies.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.