IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to develop and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing and deploying diverse and skilled talent.
• Client Services – offers strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support and solutions to staff and management globally;
• Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – supports the organization to build a diverse workforce, embrace equity, and foster an inclusive workplace;
• Employment Framework and Recruitment – develops and supports HR strategy, policies/procedures, communications, and knowledge management; drives HR initiatives, such as staff engagement and Board reporting; and delivers recruitment solutions;
• Strategic Initiatives – provides people analytics and reporting for better decision-making and provides governance for workforce planning and position management; and
• Talent and Incentives – designs best practice HR solutions in onboarding, mentoring, career management and mobility, performance/talent management, incentives and awards, and leadership development.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team is developing a 3-year strategy, which requires strong project management skills and experience to implement global, regional and country level HR and business initiatives sponsored at the Vice-President level. The position will report to the Program Manager, Diversity Equity & Inclusion. The DEI team is located within the HR department and reports directly into Corporate Functions and the CEO’s Office.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
As part of IFC’s commitment to DEI, the continuous improvement of the organization’s workplace culture is a top corporate priority in headquarters and country offices. IFC has started its 3-year DEI strategic planning process and will begin implementation of a range of HR and business initiatives in the areas of:
• Recruitment, promotion and retention of diverse talent
• Inclusive leadership development
• Performance management
• Strategic Partnerships
• Gender equality
• Data Privacy
• Unconscious bias
Projects will be sponsored by Vice-Presidents with oversight provided through the DEI governance framework.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The team is looking for a seasoned and highly motivated staff with hands-on experience in global, cross-functional project management. Ideally, the candidate have experience working on HR projects and a project management certification (e.g. PMP). The selected Project Manager will work closely with HR, Communications, Privacy, Data & Analytics, Employee Resource Groups, DEI Council Members and other business stakeholders in the design and implementation of projects.
• Minimum of 5 years of project management experience, ideally from a consulting/professional services firm
• Ability to develop high impact presentations informed by data in addition to clear and concise reporting on progress updates, risks, issues, decisions and dependencies
• Knowledge of governance structures and the ability to manage the expectations of several committees regarding project delivery
• Proven track record in motivating cross-functional teams and problem solving
• Strong ability to partner and maintain collaborative relationships diverse stakeholders in order to deliver on shared outcomes.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|
|Closing date:||September 27, 2021|