Do you want to build a career
The Social Protection and Jobs Global Practice:
WBG is the largest provider of development
The Social Protection & Jobs Global Practice
• Social safety nets social assistance in
• Contributory transfers, including old-age
• Labor market and youth employment
• Skills development and training; and
• SPJ delivery systems, covering
As a result of COVID 19, the GP has seen as
Haiti is an example of countries in
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
The World Bank is seeking an Extended Term Consultant
S/he will contribute to the delivery
The overall role of the incumbent would be to support the SPJ team in advancing
– Provide technical and supervisory support to key project implementing agencies, namely, the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor and World Food Programme to help ensure successful implementation of the safety net program at the central and local level (with a focus on Grande Anse);
– Coordinate capacity building activities for the Project Implementation Unit at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor and provide operational support;
– Review annual work plans, budgets, Terms of Reference, procurement documents, and other project-related documents as needed;
– Regularly follow up on agreed actions and conduct field monitoring and reporting of project activities as assigned;
– Organize, support and participate in World Bank missions related to social protection in Haiti;
– Contribute to Aide Memoires, Implementation Status Reports, Implementation Completion Reports, and other Bank documentation as needed;
– Prepare inputs for notes, briefs, papers, and reports related to social protection and safety nets;
– Perform supervision of lending (including trust funds), but also analytical work, with a focus on delivery systems (e.g., payments, identification, registries, systems assessments) as underpinnings of effective shock responsive social programs;
– Coordinate activities with stakeholders in Port au Prince and in the field (including Government but also UN partners) and support engagement and coordination with other partners – donors, NGOs, civil society – operating in the social safety nets space;
– Represent the Bank as needed in meetings with stakeholders;
– Assist with other related tasks, as assigned.
The successful candidate will report to the
– Experience supporting programs related to human development (health, education, social protection). Experience working on cash transfer programs would be an advantage.
– Experience supporting programs funded by World Bank or other donor would be an advantage
– Ability to deliver results effectively to the team, strong communication skills, taking personal responsibility to meet deadlines and quality standards.
– High motivation, initiative, a positive attitude, team spirit, and the capacity to work comfortably in a challenging environment.
– Experience working in Haiti or a similar low-income and/or FCV country.
– Ability to work under pressure and work flexibly on a range of assignments, to adjust to changing needs, and to prioritize among evolving tasks.
– Education: Graduate-level training in a social science field (for example, international development, economics, sociology), with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– English and French required, Haitian Creole would be an advantage
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.