IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Budget & Administration Department (CBA) is part of the Corporate Support Vice Presidency (COSVPU) and plays a significant role in achieving IFC’s mission. Department responsibilities include business strategy formulation, budgeting, investment support, reporting & analytics, administration, procurement, facilities management and global security among others. CBA has the mandate to connect the dots across the organization and bring insight and consistency to IFC’s resource management.
CBA is seeking a qualified candidate to support the CBA Reporting & Analytics (CBARA) work program. The work program includes several components covering Data, Reporting, and Analytics with the primary goal to simplify business processes, standardize and automate recurring reports for reliable analysis and deeper insights on IFC resources to enable data-driven decisions. To accomplish these goals, CBA is building a platform that empowers users to gain actionable insights using advanced analytical tools, allowing users the capacity to create their own reports, datasets and analyses and ultimately advancing innovations into predictive analytics and simulation analysis leveraging AI and Machine Learning. Some of these ongoing initiatives include the IFC Resource Management (RM) Data Mart, IFC Next Gen Data Platform, Total Resources Explorer reporting platform, and Search Analytics in addition to supporting existing reporting products.
Duties and Accountabilities
The candidate will be responsible for supporting, enhancing and maintaining the IFC Resource Management (RM) Data Mart in SQL Server 2019, coordinating the integration of the IFC RM Data Mart to IFC’s Next Gen Data Platform (MS Azure), supporting and enhancing CBA’s reporting & analytics products such as the Total Resource Explorer and Shared View of Total Resources in Power BI and Tableau.
The candidate will also support data transformation and preparation activities for Search Analytics / Natural Language Query in Power BI, Tableau and a potential future Insights platform. The candidate must have experience with data & analytics technologies such as Alteryx, MS Azure, SQL Server, Dremio, Power BI, Tableau, and Python. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the CBA Reporting & Analytics team and specifically the IFC RM Data Mart subject matter expert. S/he will be expected to have the ability to perform independent work.
Key tasks and responsibilities include;
• Gain a deep understanding of IFC’s operations, finance and budget business processes and resulting Resource Management data sets within the IFC RM Data Mart (SQL Server 2019) sourced from SAP, SAP BW, PeopleSoft, IFC’s Operations Data Store (ODS) and Operations Data Lake (ODL)
• Coordinate expansion of the IFC RM Data mart leveraging Alteryx and SQL Server to connect to the IFC Next Gen Data Platform data sources for:
• Trust Funds
• Capital Budget
• Human Resources
• Coordinate business requirement gathering sessions and input to create and manage reporting solutions and modules in Power BI to address common business questions
• Perform preparation and testing activities to transition the IFC RM Data Mart to the Azure cloud integration including:
• Testing Cloud SQL instance
• Testing Azure storage
• Preparing consumption data (PowerBI – Excel) Cloud
• SSAS and SSRS data model
• ETL in the cloud
• Data preparation for the Search Analytics / Natural Language Query:
• Create and prepare datasets for Power BI or Tableau (Data search)
• Create and prepare datasets for the future IFC Insights Platform
• Prototyping some initiatives using Power BI and Microsoft stack including:
• Creating forms to capture some feedback and analysis on reports (PowerApps and Flow)
• Reuse captured data (integrate it back to IFC RM Data mart)
• Start working on “What IF” and Scenario Analysis options including Python algorithm integration
• Prototype and test the Power BI best user experience on any device
• Support training the CBA Budget & Finance network on the IFC RM Data mart and support help desk queries:
• Answer questions on IFC RM Data mart, triage and address reported issues
• Organize and train Budget and Finance network with new initiatives
• 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (reporting, analytics, data management) with preferred business process exposure to budget administration, financial planning & analysis, financial consulting or financial accounting areas
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Accounting, Financial Management or equivalent work experience
• Required experience working with database technologies such as Azure, SQL Server
• Required experience working with virtualization / ETL tools such as Alteryx, Composite, Dremio
• Required experience working in reporting toolsets such as Power BI, Tableau
• Required experience with programming languages such as SQL, Python, R
• Demonstrated experience producing and maintaining schedules and communications
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, internationally diverse work environment; strong interpersonal skills are essential
• Proficient in of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|
|Closing date:||October 1, 2021|