IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provide comprehensive IT support for IFC’s Investment & Advisory Services, Financial Operations, Treasury & the Asset Management Company. There is a rich and diverse landscape of business applications that encompass a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products which meets the business needs of IFC.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Leads the business analysis phase of a small to large-sized project.
• Conduct business process analysis meetings with business users and document in detail system processes in diagrammatic and textual format
• Creates requirements definition documentation and simple functional specifications, including use cases and business process diagrams.
• Map business requirements to technology components and make recommendations to realize the functionality, considering the Policies, Constraints in collaboration with technical teams.
• Collaborates with vendor teams to ensure the requirements and expectations are rightly communicated & understood, periodically reviews, and takes course corrections as appropriate.
• Ensures that the requirements are adequately communicated from HQ with the implementation or support team at offshore
• Documents changes to requirements throughout the project and routes information following established guidelines, under guidance.
• Provides business insights and clarification of requirements to support the delivery of effective technical solutions.
• Works with the Project Manager to track and report on project progress against defined requirements throughout the project life cycle
• Participates in prioritization meetings with business users on a regular basis.
• Proactively manages scope creep with users, IT team members, and vendors, as appropriate.
• Collaborates, reviews, mentors and guides execution and development of functional test plans created by the QA teams to ensure all Business Requirements are covered.
• Creates, enhances, and maintains Acceptance test cases for the developed product.
• Performs Subject Matter Expertise testing to ensure that system meets the requirements defined.
• Validates and obtains sign-off for functional requirements/specifications.
• Support post-implementation and transition to a business/technical sustained state (e.g., warranty period support).
• Works with geographically diverse development teams to ensure requirements are correctly understood and implemented. Provides direction to them on the business needs.
• Works with minimal supervision and proactively seeks help and guidance.
• Assess overall project requirements, business needs, pain points and areas of process improvement
• Gain an understanding of existing systems’ functionality, compare current/envisioned business processes to system functionality, and document gaps
• Conducts and coordinates User Acceptance Testing
• Master’s degree with 5 years relevant experience or bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
• Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or similar training.
• Client Understanding and Advising – Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and acts beyond normal expectations to ensure client satisfaction.
• Learning Orientation – Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area, the broader industry, and exposes self to increasingly more challenging projects and opportunities to learn.
• Broad Business Thinking – Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long-term implications of decisions both for department and the client’s business. Ensures that decisions are supported by relevant stakeholders as well as sound performance data.
• Analytical Thinking – Gathers and links data.
• Business Function Knowledge – Assesses the needs of primary business functions.
• Business Process Knowledge – Defines routine, integrated processes.
• Business Requirements Analysis – Gathers information to expand working knowledge of the business or product supported to include key processes and operational aspects that impact successful execution of business functions.
• Strategic Relationship – Interacts with clients to identify opportunities that meet organizational and technological needs, as well as meet internal criteria for best practice that meet the client’s specific operational requirements as they relate to its organizational.
• Lead and innovate – Brings new and different insights.
• Deliver Results for Clients – Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Collaborates within team and across boundaries.
•Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Actively contributes to and readily applies WBG’s body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions.
• Make Smart Decisions – Leverages available data and makes timely decisions.
Other Selection Criteria:
• Strong and proven experience in documenting business requirements, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, traceability matrix, etc.
• Experience in using AzureDevOps/TFS or similar tools for requirements, development, and test tracking
• Good understanding of SharePoint, .Net technologies, BPM (PEGA) and Middleware (Mule soft) as a product preferred.
• Excellent communications and writing skills for functional and technical documents.
• Strong experience in developing test cases to ensure full coverage of requirements.
• Strong communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to advise and train users in the use of complex systems/applications and effectively prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear, concise style
• Experience with facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops planning and preparation, presentation, knowledge capture and follow-up.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|
|Closing date:||September 21, 2021|