Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile?
Global Practice for Urban, Resilience and Land
The World Bank’s Urban, Resilience, and Land Global Practice
GPURL covers a wide array of issues including:
(ii) promoting efficient,
(iv) post-conflict reconstruction and recovery
(vi) supporting the
The Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery
GFDRR implements most of its activities through the World
GFDRR’s operating model is underpinned by seven principles:
(iii) focusing on inclusive design and
(iv) empowering women and mainstreaming gender
(vi) developing knowledge and sharing
(vii) prioritizing results-oriented approaches.
City Resilience Program
Housed within GFDRR is the City Resilience Program (CRP),
Role and Responsibilities
The E T Consultant’s primary objective is to support the
Specific responsibilities and duties will include (but not
1. Manage the process and lead the creation of CRP’s City Scan product, including conducting statistical and geospatial analysis, conducting research on local conditions, composing narrative sections, directing and coordinating inputs from consultants, organizing data, overseeing overall product cohesion and quality, customizing the product to Task Team needs, and interfacing with Task Teams on requirements.
2. Support the development of new analytical products to incorporate into the City Scan, based on Task Team demand and available technical capabilities and cost.
3. Support the development and transformation of the City Scan product to new use cases, platforms, and delivery models, including overseeing its scale up to a wider platform covering multiple cities and its customization to specific client needs and new resilience teaching methods and tools.
4. Prepare and deliver CRP Resilience Planning Workshops to clients, including Workshop scoping, design, tool development, organization, and delivery.
5. Support Task Teams as needed in the scoping and execution of urban resilience-focused spatial, statistical, and economic analysis for operational inputs.
6. Cultivate and advance partnerships with firms, consultants, external institutions, and internal World Bank teams for the co-development of new products, support to operational Task Teams, and advancement of the field of urban resilience.
7. Deliver CRP Planning workshops and presentations in a variety of event formats, including at client meetings with Task Teams, external conferences, and donor events.
8. Contribute to CRP programmatic outputs including results monitoring, reporting, budgeting, and branding
9. Contribute to the overall collaboration and coordination of the Planning pillar with CRP’s Finance and Partnerships pillars
1. Advanced university degree(s) (at least Master’s) in a field relevant to urban development, infrastructure, and service delivery, such as urban planning, political science, public administration, engineering, or a related field, with an excellent understanding of cities and government operations.
2. A minimum of 5 years of full-time work experience including at least 2 years in project management and implementation in an international setting.
3. Knowledge of and facility in Geographic Information Systems, particularly related to climate change and urban resilience.
4. Knowledge of remote sensing tools and products, particularly related to climate change and urban resilience.
5. Working knowledge of World Bank operations, especially urban resilience and climate change mitigation and adaptation projects.
6. Strong background in urban planning, urban climate and disaster resilience, post-disaster reconstruction, urban poverty reduction, or other related fields
7. Experience managing people and budgets oriented to specific deliverables.
8. Experience interfacing with and delivering high quality presentations and interactive workshops to government counterparts in developing countries and to donors.
9. Proven capacity to multi-task, deliver results, and respond quickly and effectively to requests; ability to work under pressure.
10. Strong oral, written, and visual presentation skills.
11. Strong creativity and problem-solving skills.
12. Excellent written and spoken English essential; knowledge in a second language is a plus (French and Spanish preferred).
13. Ability to deal sensitively in a multicultural environment and build effective work relations with clients and colleagues as part of strong interpersonal, organizational, and team management skills to achieve results.
1. Ability to deliver in a dynamic environment with multiple demands and quick turnaround of outputs. Ability to work under pressure while retaining perspective and professionalism.
2. Results oriented, with an ability to work independently as well as devise and produce results in collaboration with departments across the WBG.
3. High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility, reliability, and responsiveness to changing demands; capacity for effective multi-tasking, with demonstrated ability of being an independent starter with minimal supervision, and a high capacity to persevere for results.
4. Highly developed communication and advocacy skills, including ability to write concisely and clearly in English and synthesize complex documentation and ideas into fluent, understandable, English.
5. Strong interpersonal, organizational and team management skills, with demonstrated ability to build strong networks and teams to achieve results. Strong team skills with successful history working effectively across organizational and units and/or sectoral boundaries.
6. Knowledge of social media and other knowledge communications tools is an advantage.
The selected candidate
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|