The overall objective of the project, of which this contract will be a part, is to contribute to the improvement of the business environment in Ethiopia, to foster private sector development and the generation of employment and income opportunities in the context of the EODB programme of the government.
The purpose of this contract is to provide technical assistance and capacity-building to public sector entities in Ethiopia for implementing reforms to improve the business environment; to support the establishment or modernisation of e-government systems and provide capacity-building and implementation support for the e-government systems implemented; to support public-private dialogue in Ethiopia and existing and potential investors. In this project, public-private dialogue is defined as any platform where the government and private sector can discuss matters related to the business environment.
The results for which the contractor will be responsible are:
– Technical assistance and capacity-building, in forms including advice, expertise, capacity-building and trainings, are provided to selected public sector entities in Ethiopia in the field of regulatory, policy and/or process reforms to improve the business environment;
– In three identified technical streams, e-government systems (i.e. processes and systems whereby government information and services are provided via the Internet or other digital means to citizens, businesses or other governmental agencies) are successfully implemented (i.e. established, developed and/or modernised, up-scaled, upgraded and automated) and capacity-building, on the job and post-system automation implementation support are provided for the e-government systems implemented;
– Support is provided to the public-private dialogue and to existing and potential investors, including through short term-expertise for relevant studies and analytical work, identification of areas where public-private dialogue is needed, organisation of dialogues and networking activities, support for the development and formation of existing and/or new public-private dialogue platforms, as well as communication, visibility and awareness raising with the local and international private sector.
Commencement date of the project: 1 February 2021
Duration of the assignment: 660 work days over 36 months
Qualifications and skills:
– At least a master’s degree in computer science, engineering, economics, business, public administration or related field. Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree in similar fields and at least 5 years of professional experience in addition to the minimum required below;
– Fully computer literate, proficient user of Microsoft Office and good understanding of database software;
– Fluency in English, including excellent speaking, presentation and written reporting abilities.
General professional experience:
- At least a total of 10 years of experience in organizational development and/or ICT systems development;
– Experience in delivering digital business processes and organizational structures with a view to automate business processes for enhanced and efficient service delivery.
Specific professional experience:
– Proven experience in developing e-governance systems (i.e. systems allowing the delivery of government information and services via the Internet or other digital means to citizens, businesses or other governmental agencies);
– Proven knowledge in ICT in the field of e-governance;
– Proven experience in IT project management or an IT certification will be an asset;
– Experience in developing countries, particularly in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA), will be an asset.