Driver, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination Contract,
Democratic Republic of the Congo
This project is part of the USAID/DRC and DFID/DRC partnership agreement to support the education sector and improve donor co-ordination and harmonization through delegated co-operation.
**Please note: Only Congolese citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Driver will be located in the Lubumbashi office of MECC and will provide transportation and vehicle maintenance support to the MECC project at the provincial level. S/he will report to the Finance, Admin, and Logistics Assistant in Lubumbashi.
Period of Performance:
The period of performance will be from January 1, 2017 – December 2020. MSI will issue a yearly contract per each completed year.
The Driver will be responsible for:
- Transporting MECC personnel with the designated vehicle.
- Ensuring cleanliness and good working condition of the vehicle at all times.
- Overseeing day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc. The Driver will inform the project leadership of any needed repair and provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Driving with caution at all times and ensuring the physical safety of all passengers and other drivers, while safeguarding the vehicle.
- Recording the mileage usage of the vehicle and ensuring availability of all the required documents/supplies, including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Tracking fuel usage and any other related costs.
- Providing quarterly reports on the vehicle in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all immediate actions required by DRC law and MSI policies are taken in the case of an accident. Preparing a report of all damages to the project team.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks when not occupied with driving duties, including filing and other assignments that the office may require.
- Assisting the USAID team in Kinshasa to get necessary travel documents for their trip
- 5 years of experience driving for international aid organizations and supporting vehicle maintenance and logistics.
- Valid Congolese driver’s license.
- High regard for security and safety, and knowledge of the security context in Lubumbashi.
- High degree of maturity and professionalism, ability to interact with donor community and local partners.
- Willingness to support with other office duties when needed.
- Proficiency in English.
- Currently living in Lubumbashi or willing to relocate (MSI will not provide a relocation allowance).