The Donor Advisor qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards high-capacity donors who are passionate about demonstrating their love to people living in poverty overseas. This person will deepen relationships with donors in order to grow their philanthropy to transform the lives of people who are forsaken for generations to come, and to deepen the donor’s relationship with Corus International. The goal is to double the philanthropy of qualified donors within five years to reach more people who are often forgotten.
- Make personal visits and phone calls with donors who are qualified for the purpose of discovery, cultivation and solicitation.
- Qualify and manage a caseload of 150 donors, creating and implementing individual goals and plans for each donor to provide a meaningful engagement with Corus International with the goal of the upgrading of a donor’s gift.
- Maintain for each donor in the portfolio and pool an up-to-date record, including actions, proposals, background information, contact information, personal interests, and other relevant information.
- Stewardship of gifts in both the Qualified and Needs Qualification portfolios.
- Collaboration with other units in External Relations and Engagement to develop and implement regional strategies for assigned donors.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Travel is required (up to 40% of time) for this position in the assigned area, and minimal travel to Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Minnesota, as needed for Corus International meetings.
- Experience in using The Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in using donor research tools in the development process;
- Knowledge and experience in Moves Management and donor engagement strategies.
- Skill and demonstrated success in soliciting and closing proposals for major gifts, planned gifts, and annual gifts, with 3 years or more of experience preferred;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Comfortable in communicating with donors in a variety of modes, such as personal visits, phone calls, email, texting, etc.
- Ability in public speaking.
- Individual donors in assigned area; centers of influence in assigned areas.