IRC BACKGROUND: The mission of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC has 26 offices in the United States and a presence in over 40 The IRC in Salt Lake City opened it office in 1994, and provides reception and placement services to newly arrived refugees for up to 24-months. The office resettles 600 refugees each year, and provides numerous program services to assist the refugees from their arrival through citizenship, as well as home ownership, higher education and entrepreneurship.
SCOPE: Under the direction of the Development Coordinator, the Donations Assistant is responsible for day-to-day tasks related to in-kind donations including tracking, reporting and inventory management, as well as including consistent distribution of in-kind goods to participating clients.
- Coordinate tracking, reporting, valuation and inventory of in-kind donations
- Assist with in-kind donation pick-ups and deliveries in coordination with donors, volunteers and IRC staff members.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date electronic and paper records on in-kind donations, VDRs; oversee tracking process
- Maintain a close cooperative relationship with in-kind donors.
- Maintain updated inventory records, including regular spot checks.
- Manage daily operations and inventory of CIK donation storage areas, display of donated items and the distribution in-kind goods
- Prepare and distribute Match Grant and other CIK supplies/donations for participating refugees. This includes the coordination and delivery of furniture and other large items to clients.
- Coordinate with partners to ensure participating MG clients receive computers and bicycles.
- Oversee group donation efforts benefitting the Match Grant program, including bicycle drive
- Create clear protocols for donation distribution to Match Grant program participants in coordination with existing Employment services
- Assist the Development Coordinator with large donation drive logistics, including Back to School, Winter Clothing, and Light One Candle.
- Establish and implement protocols for donation collection, distribution and tracking.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engages as a member of the team
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency
- Other related duties as assigned
- Some formal education preferred, or comparable work experience may be substituted
- Minimum of 1+ years related professional work experience, such as fundraising, project coordination, logistical management etc.; preferably in a social service or non-profit environment
- Excellent interpersonal relation skills.
- Professional, friendly, and courteous attitude a must.
- Ability to work effectively with partners, in-kind donors and clients
- Solid organizational experience with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meets deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience working in multicultural environment
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. safely and consistently
- Ability to drive a vehicle and must have proof of insurance, valid driver’s license good driving record and access to reliable personal transportation
- Commitment to the mission of IRC
- Standard office work environment coupled with travel in and around the service delivery area
- Work outside of traditional office hours will be required on occasion