m2m has received a 1 year sub-award to implement the USAID/Uganda BETTER OUTCOMES for Children and Youth in Eastern and Northern Uganda in the districts of Iganga and Jinja. The goal of the project is to improve the wellbeing of Children and Youth orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV and other adversities in Eastern and Northern Uganda.
The purpose of the role is to oversee, supervise and monitor integrated linkages program activities. The role assists in training of complementary lay health care cadre including VHTs and other linkage facilitators, ensuring integration of project community engagement activities in district council and technical team plans; The role also supports the implementation of client tracking and follows up activities and provides technical assistance in ensuring complete referrals; support quality improvement among linkage facilitators.
The District Youth Officer reports to the District Co-ordinator and is based in Jinja
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and implement quarterly, monthly and activity schedules in coordination with the District Coordinator and Youth Officer.
- Keep track of participants attendance levels in Youth Clubs
- Coaching, Mentoring and monitoring District Based Trainers to reach PEECs, PECs, and Girls First Youth Clubs.
- Work with the IGA Officer on rolling out economic strengthening interventions for youth among PEECs, PECs and Girls First Youth Clubs.
- Case Management in Youth Clubs in collaboration with Better Outcomes Case Management team to ensure referrals to respective service points for integrated services.
- Compiling activity and monthly technical reports about key implemented activities under Better Outcomes Youth Program.
- Work with District Based Trainers to map safe spaces for Youth Clubs
- Build synergies with key stakeholders including Schools, local communities to support roll out Youth Program
- Ensure all records relating to work supervision are accurate and completed in accordance with organizational/Project requirements.
- Conduct evidence based mapping of youths who will be part of the program through PEECs, PECs and GICs in collaboration with M&E Officer
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Social Sciences, Social work , Development studies or any other relevant field
- 3 years relevant working experience with youth programmes
- Previous experience in facilitating Youth curriculum and knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to changing tasks.
- Have good judgment and ability to make sound operational decisions.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines
- A confident person who displays initiative, creativity in all aspects of Youth Program development
- Ability to frequently and compliantly travel between operational Sub-counties.
- Basic computer and IT skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Deadline drive