PATH is currently recruiting for a District Technical Officer for Kala Azar Program.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s project “Technical Support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh for Kala-azar Elimination in Endemic Districts” in eight districts of U.P. The project will hire four District Technical Officers (DTOs) in U.P. for technical support. The DTO will be based at the district level in one of those districts to support the field activities within their assigned districts. The DTO will report to the Program Officer. S/he will be required to coordinate with state / district officials and partners.
The specific scope of work would include the following activities:
1. DTO will be responsible for KA elimination project work in assigned districts.
2. DTO will supervise assigned block monitors in their respective districts and will make regular field visits to monitor and supervise the work of the block monitors in their assigned districts.
3. S/he will coordinate with division/district officials like, District Magistrate, Chief Medical Officer, ACMO VBD, District Malaria Officer, VBD team in district, and other partners for KA elimination activities including but not limited to:
- Review and validation of the mapping and health facility assessment data submitted by the block monitors
- Impart quality orientation/trainings for Medical Officers, Auxiliary nurse midwives (ANMs), ASHA workers, Anganwadi workers (AWWs), paramedical staff, laboratory technicians, and health supervisors on early identification of a suspect case, diagnosis, management, and public awareness
- Undertake SWOT analysis for district health care delivery system with special focus on KA elimination through regular discussion with district level officials, and capacity building on using surveillance data and tracking Kala-azar (KA) and Post Kala-azar Dermal Leishmaniasis (PKDL) cases to ensure early diagnosis and treatment of all reported cases.
- Compilation and analysis of KA case data (district wise line-list) and generating weekly/monthly progress reports for sharing with Program Officer (PO).
- Participate in District Health Society Meetings (DHS), District Task Force meetings to ensure review of KA elimination program.
- Organize inter-sectoral coordination meetings at district/divisional level on a quarterly basis between various departments for planning and implementation of community awareness campaigns for KA preventive/control measures.
- Coordinate with Program Officer to ensure the availability of drugs and diagnostic kits at treatment centers.
- Conduct capacity building workshops of indoor residual spraying (IRS) team.
- Supervise block monitors for timely submission of work plans and weekly/monthly reports
- Any other work assigned as per project requirement