The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Education Sector Programme (KESP) Technical Assistance (TA) team’s mission is to work at provincial, sub-provincial and school levels to provide comprehensive, flexible and high quality technical support to the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, supporting the transformation of education service delivery. The wider DFID and DFAT-funded KESP programme, also includes the Sector Budget Support and infrastructure components.
A new Education Sector Plan (ESP) for the period 2015-2020 describes the government’s comprehensive and ambitious strategy for the development of the elementary and secondary school sector in the province. It details ten priorities: (i) redeveloping the approach to training and selecting new teachers; (ii) developing a consolidated, needs based, high quality approach to CPD; (iii) redeveloping teaching cadre employment rules; (iv) establishing a sustainable approach to provision of facilities; (v) launching new benefits aimed at children most at risk of educational deprivation; (vi) scaling up partnerships with the private sector; (vii) launching a draw down fund for use in emergency situations; (viii) testing and updating of population data; (ix) developing of district officials’ management skills; and (x) pegging the education budget to inflation.
Purpose of Role
The role of the District Delivery Executive is to coordinate with office of District Education Officers (M/F) for implementation of KESP technical assistance activities at district-level. S/he will be assisting KESP-TA delivery teams in district level activities and data collection/progress tracking for various interventions.
Delivery Executive Responsibilities
The Delivery Executive will undertake the following tasks:
- Be the focal point person for coordination with District Education Officers for implementation of KESP technical assistance activities at district-level. Provide guidance in district-level planning and coordination.
- Organize and participate in district level meetings with ASDEOs, SDEOs, DDEOs to share data on district level performance indicators and advise on activities critical for improving performance on these indicators.
- Assist district education officials in analyzing data to prepare for the District Steering Committee meetings and advise the DSCs and Deputy Commissioners on future activities for enhancing the pace of delivery.
- Continuously engage with IMU in order to provide better understanding to the district officials of the process of IMU monitoring and evidences gathered by IMU for reporting on the school level indicators.
- Assist KESP delivery teams in implementation of district level activities including activities under District Education Plan, feedback on capacity building events/workshops, collection of data for research, monitoring and evaluation activities and support communication function of the KESP by sharing success stories, photographs, and dissemination of important updates from ESED and KESP TA.
- Develop monthly district progress reports to share updates on districts performance on district education plans.
- Ensure adherence to KESP operational policies, procedures and standards of conduct, while facilitating smooth implementation of all program field activities.
- Assist the district education offices in implementation of CPD, teacher rationalization, conditional grants tracking, Education Voucher scheme, Girls Stipend Programme, New Schools Programme, school based budgeting and budget execution.
Required qualification and experience
- Degree in social sciences, or relevant area;
- 5-years relevant experience (preferable)
- Previous experience of working in or with district-level government bodies is an asset.
Location of work
Upper Kohistan and Lower Kohistan (Two vacancies)
The consultant will work closely with the KESP technical team and will report to the Deputy Team Lead and the designated District Coordinator.