Working Title: District Coordinator
Reporting: Program Officer, Lucknow/Gorakhpur, U.P
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s project “Technical assistance to state Governments of Uttar Pradesh (U.P) for improving management of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) cases by strengthening health facilities” in 18 districts of eastern U.P. The project will hire five district Coordinators in U.P. for monitoring and supervising the field activities. The district Coordinators will be assigned 1 district each and will be based in their respective district to support the field activities within their respective areas. The district Coordinators will report to the Program Officer based at Lucknow and Gorakhpur. S/he will be required to coordinate with state / district officials and partners.
The specific scope of work would include the following activities:
- Visit ETCs and Sentinel labs in their respective districts for monitoring purpose and conduct joint visits with district officials for maintaining the functionality of these facilities.
- Will coordinate with division / district officials and partners for various activities like
- Review and validate the quality of the data (health facility assessment) submitted by district officials and improve quality of data entry.
- Ensure quality of orientation/trainings for frontline workers, paramedical staff and ambulance personnel organized by government officials.
- Coordination with divisional/district officials in establishing AES core committee at the district level (district task force) and organizing meeting on quarterly basis.
- Compilation and analysis of AES case data (district wise line-list) and generating weekly progress reports for sharing with the Program Officer.
- Collaborate and support government officials in planning and implementation of community awareness campaigns for AES preventive/control measures in GoUPs flagship initiatives.
- Monitoring of field activities and system strengthening by facilitating meetings at block and district level during GoUPs flagship initiatives towards prevention and control of AES.
- Support the government officials in transitioning of AES related activities to increase the government ownership in AES program.
- Any other work assigned as per project requirement.