SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is a Dutch-based, non for profit foreign charity operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in the eight+ regional states of Ethiopia which include– Addis Ababa, Afar, Somali, Gambella, Benishangul, SNNPR, Oromia, Amhara and Tigray regional states, providing technical assistance and program implementation in the major 3 sectors including Agriculture, WASH, and Energy. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian Need people through best practices in value chain, market, and youth and gender. Through its work in the three sectors, SNV in Ethiopia supports the development of a number of value chains and commodities to improve the Livelihoods. This takes a value chain and market development approach, with special focus on improving access to sustainable markets for smallholder farmers, youths, urban development and by developing business-to-business relations and improving business development services.
For more information on SNV’s operations, visit our website: http://www.snvworld.org.
The Woreda Cluster Coordinator responsible for the planning, implementation and achievement of the project goals in his/her cluster of the woreda’s. S/he supervises the work of the the woreda. S/he works under direct supervision of Cluster Coordinator, while closely working with the national team consisting of a international Team leader, Deputy Team leader, Senior horticultural Advisor, an supply chain Advisor, a crop protection expert, an Agricultural education liaison officer and a practical academic expert.
In consultation with the Regional Manager, s/he will prepare annual and quarterly cluster plans, oversee project coordination, monitor progress and prepares progress reports to regional BoA and BOFED and contributes to monthly, quarterly and annual plans & reports for the donor and SNV. S/he shall maintain effective working relationships with government partners (BOFED, BoA) and private actors (firms, coops, service providers, MFIs etc.). S/he participates in events related to Horticulture and contributes to knowledge development in Horti-LIFE.
3. Financial & Administrative Management
4. Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
5. Networking, Learning & Representation
should you need to review a detailed information about the job please click on the following lind to access the full Job Description. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LiyqISE4Cyk6YmC29bMpTbu-yuTr-NR2/view?usp=sharing
Contract Type: Local
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment.
- A minimum of BSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (horticulture, plant science, agricultural economics, agricultural extension, etc.)
- Solid knowledge on horticultural production; especially on pest management
- Sound knowledge of horticulture extension system, marketing of fruits and vegetables and market potential analysis.
- Familiar with gender concepts and mainstreaming
- A minimum of 6- 8 years of work experience in agricultural/horticultural extension service and value chain development.
- Broad experience in capacity building, extension service.
- Experience in working on gender issues is an advantage
Skills and competency required
- Energetic and motivating attitude
- Pragmatic and solution orientated approach
- Team player with networking abilities
- Fluent in English (official working language of SNV) and local languages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills and Motorbike license
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 30 August 2020. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title as subject/reference.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a 2 years contract with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience with an attractive benefits package. SNV is a global organization committed to bringing different people, ideas, and perspectives together. We invite especially women to submit their application as we want to increase the number of women in leadership positions.