- 1. Adaa
- 2. Kersa,
- 3. Mana
- 4. Seka Chekorsa
When you apply for this position please mention your location preference on the application letter.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
For more information on SNV’s operations, visit our website: http://www.snvworld.org.
Overview of the project.
Horti-LIFE is funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (EKN) and implemented by SNV-Ethiopia in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture. The aim is to increase the productivity and food safety in the horticultural sector by supporting smallholder farmers, rural SMEs and supporting institutions. The second phase of the project (2019-2023) works via the following components:
Summary of the position
The District Coordinoter is overall responsible for the planning, implementation and reporting of all Horti-LIFE activities in the woreda. He or she has to contribute to the regular activities like planning, reviewing and reporting. S/he shall maintain effective working relationships with key government partners (Bureau of Agriculture, Irrigation, Cooperative Office) and private actors (private sector enterprises, cooperatives, service providers and finance institutions.
- Staff Management
- Financial & Administrative Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Networking, Learning & Representation
Contract Type: Local
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment.
- A minimum of BSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (horticulture, plant science, agricultural economics, agricultural extension, etc.)
- Solid knowledge on horticultural production; depending on the focus of the woreda this can be more toward fruit production or vegetable production. Good knowledge on pest management is important.
- Sound knowledge of horticulture extension system.
- Familiar with gender concepts and mainstreaming
- A minimum of 3- 5 years of work experience in agricultural/horticultural extension service and value chain development.
- Broad experience in capacity building, extension service,
- Experience in working on gender issues is an advantage
Necessary skill and attitude needed
- Energetic and motivating attitude.
- Fluent in English (official working language of SNV) and local languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and Motorbike license.
- Team player with networking abilitie.
- Pragmatic and solution orientated approach
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 20 March 2020. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title as subject/reference.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.
Please indicate in your application letter for which location you apply.