Do you ever wish the work you did mattered? Really mattered? We’re looking for a Disaster Recovery Policy Manager to serve as a subject matter expert within the Disaster Management division.
ICF’s Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on issues related to energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, disaster planning and recovery, financial literacy, job training, and others. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
As a subject matter expert, you should have in-depth experience with the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) programs as well as other applicable Federal disaster recovery programs. You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of disaster recovery projects and programs and providing strategic consulting support to housing and community development agencies throughout the United States that are implementing CDBG-DR funded disaster recovery programs. You will work onsite with senior staff, other experts, outside contractors, and junior staff to develop and implement policies and procedures for post-disaster recovery efforts. Responsibilities may also include serving as an expert on policy and regulatory issues, developing written materials, managing staff, providing training and technical assistance, and working directly with the client to provide advisory/consulting services. This is a senior level position requires the ability to think on one’s feet and adjust to an ever changing environment.
• Provide subject matter expertise in disaster recovery program design and implementation, as well as pre-disaster risk mitigation measures.
• Work as part of a team providing expert services to support housing and community development and disaster recovery efforts.
• Provide guidance and expertise on Federal regulations (CDBG-DR, cross cutting Federal requirements, Duplication of Benefits, etc.) and translating them into the implementation of the programs.
• Help refine program procedures and processes for implementation.
• Work with staff to set up systems, be available to interpret and apply the regulations within the context of these systems.
• Provide training and technical assistance in the field of housing, economic development, and/or community development.
• Help implement CDBG-DR funded programs.
• Provide advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products.• Develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation, and design.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Disaster recovery experience.
• 8+ years of in-depth and hands-on knowledge of the CDBG/CDBG-DR programs, regulations, and implementation preferred.
• 5+ years experience in housing and community development programs that are implemented at the state and local level. • Willingness to travel approximately 25% depending on role and project needs.
Preferred Skills/Experience: • Master’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or a related discipline.
• Experience with creation of housing and community development subject-related materials, such as training and technical assistance tools, presentations, handouts, etc.
• Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency preferred.
• Experience delivering training and technical assistance to state and local government agencies.• Business development, sales, fundraising, and/or proposal experience.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, and integrity and ethics
• Team player with the demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software)
• Independent staff engagement and decision making ability
• Keen eye for detail• Self motivated and the drive to achieve
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)