IRC’s Revenue department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC’s strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. Revenue comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, and corporate & foundation partnerships to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
Revenue is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in income and awareness. We are building a new culture and supporting our colleagues in their efforts to deliver transformational and best in class work. At the same time – believing that the root of success lie in a high performance team and culture – we need to build our internal infrastructure – ensure we build a strong global team, the dynamic culture, forward thinking ethos, and 21st century reporting, operational and business management practices that will help it achieve its ambitious goals.
Director User Experience
The Director of User Experience will be managed by the Senior Director Creative & Brand and be part of a team, including Designer, Snr. Editor, Copywriter, Director of User Experience, Scrum Master (PM), Front-end developer, Developer and an Image Manager.
The role will be to own the User Experience across all digital marketing channels. Working closely with the marketing digital delivery team and digital platforms colleagues (who manage the main IRC website, http://www.rescrue.org) to ensure that the user experience that leads to financial support (one or multiple stages) is based on testing data, user feedback and is optimised to the highest global standards. This is a continual and ongoing process of improvement.
S/he will be an experienced UX lead, working for a global non-profit or in an agency on global digital cross platform user experience challenges. In alignment with the Revenue department strategy all decisions will be based on testing and evidenced. Ideally, s/he will have worked in key global digital fundraising markets, including, but not exclusively: USA, Canada, UK, Nordics, Japan, Germany, Australia, and the MENA region. They will also be experienced in working with external user experience agencies.
A sound knowledge of User Experience testing tools, a willingness to innovate and track current trends and best practice and devising processes for embedding the users experience at the heart of IRC’s digital output are essential to this role. Effectively S/he will be the champion of the user in the IRC marketing team.
This role will also involve coordination with other IRC offices (currently in UK and Holland), colleagues in Communications, Advocacy and the Field. And will also partner with IRC’s Operational teams (International Programs, Policy and Practice and US Programs) and with HR, Finance and IT services.
All roles in the Marketing team will support the VP Marketing in ensuring the success of the IRC 2020 Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Strategy, specifically the key strategic driver of the PSE Strategy – Best-in-Class Global Digital.
- Lead on the User Experience for IRC across all owned, earned and paid digital marketing platforms
- Set up processes and tools to ensure IRC’s digital user experience across marketing is best in class
- Plan and oversee, along with the Marketing team, the measurement of a country-specific (initially USA) recruitment plan and then building to a global digital recruitment plan, which delivers a positive ROI, to be set by Senior Vice President Revenue
- Work closely with a global digital media agency to ensure the user experience across all IRC web collateral globally is best in class
- Continually suggest tests and iterations across all digital user experience (recruitment and retention) based on data, to maximize engagement and revenue
- Support and deliver the frameworks and ways of working that create best support for high quality continual innovation in the user experience space
- Continual monitoring and refining of the user experience across all IRC digital marketing channels and experiences
- Use Digital Labs projects to continually innovate to maximise on medium and long-term revenue opportunities
- Work with integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – IRC Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Education: Bachelor Degree
- 8+ years work experience in modern high performance user experience agency or within a global non-profit
- Understanding of the global digital fundraising marketplace or global ecommerce
- Proven ability using analytics to inform and influence decision making
Demonstrated Skill and Competencies:
- Experience in global digital User Experience, including but not exclusively, in the following areas:
- Supporter recruitment and engagement
- Supporter development
- Search and display marketing
- Social media marketing
- Global campaigns
- Sentiment tracking
- Data capture (ie online petitions)
- Experience with scrum-based agile project management
- Creates and owns metrics and goals to determine what will move the needle
- Rigorous and critical thinker, able to ask probing clear questions and drive toward solutions quickly
- Predisposition toward simple and practical solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in international contexts