Hiring Range: $87,000-$98,780
General Purpose of Job
Provides overall management and direction to an ABA membership entity, providing strategic direction and procedural guidance to member leaders and staff. Provides leadership for all member entity programmatic activities, including, but not limited to: committee project implementation, CLE program development, governance management, policy creation, legislative efforts, meeting planning, membership recruitment and retention efforts, member diversification, technology delivery systems, marketing efforts, non dues revenue development, publication input, and creation and maintenance of the entity budget. When needed, participates as a leader/member on ABA committees/task forces to provide leadership and guidance, serving as a resource on issues of importance to the association.
Bachelorâs Degree from four-year college or university (or equivalent experience)
A Masters is preferred, or equivalent previous association management experience. Some sections may required a JD degree.
* 10-15 years of relevant managerial experience
* Experience in one or more of the following environments is preferred: association, legal, nonprofit
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous responsibilities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful interpersonal relationships with staff and member leaders
* Substantive experience in the respective legal field may be required
* Management experience working with boards of directors and multiple committee and membership structures is a must
The American Bar Association is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with the American Bar Association please call 312-988-5188.