DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise. Our primary focus is on development outcomes and delivering impact for the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
Our portfolio of 200 projects in 100 countries crosses multiple disciplines. Our clients include the UK Department for International Development, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, USAID, the European Commission, EBRD, the World Bank, other donors and international lending institutions, and private corporations and philanthropic organisations philanthropies.
Responding to the needs of our growing business and internal promotions we are recruiting a Director level position for our Resilience Team. The role will involve working closely with colleagues to provide direction for excellent programme delivery; supporting team leaders, programme managers and business development efforts across our Resilience practice, including working on climate change, energy, land, environment, natural resources, social protection and urban challenges. This role will involve direct responsibility for programme direction across a small portfolio of projects as well as supporting the team to deliver successful resilience programmes across multiple donors and geographies. You will work closely with the rest of the team on building knowledge and networks and developing new business opportunities and innovative solutions across these rapidly evolving sectors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Substantial, evidenced experience in international development and project management, ideally with experience with the new DFID Terms and Conditions.
- Substantial, evidenced overseas working experience in a development environment alongside experience working with major European and International Donors. We are particularly interested in candidates with broad experience across HMG Departments responsible for ODA spend.
- Solid understanding of proposal development, project management systems and standards and best practice.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Demonstrated, substantial experience of working across a variety of cultures
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Track record in managing teams to deliver goals and achieve targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages, particularly French and Spanish, are an asset).
S/he will also be:
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Driven and motivated, combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets thus achieving the goals of DAI Europe.
- Flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel internationally, including to insecure environments.
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period). DAI is an employee owned company, and all employees are incentivised to participate in share offerings.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2020, and interviews will be held progressively.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing programmes around the world, we look forward to hearing from you.