Eurasia Group is the leading independent global political risk and research consulting firm. We provide financial, corporate and government clients with information and insight on how political developments around the world impact our clients’ interests and objectives. (www.eurasiagroup.net).
We are seeking a Director of Research Management & Operations. This is an opportunity to play a pivotal management role in our research and client service processes. We are looking for a candidate with substantial project and people management expertise.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of experience managing projects in a research organization. You must be a pro-active, detail-oriented individual who can manage multiple processes simultaneously as well as interface with colleagues throughout the organization. We are open to various locations for this position including New York City, Washington, DC, and London.
In this role, responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Resource Management and Allocation
- Oversee and manage our implementation of Mavenlink, our platform for evaluating and monitoring staff time allocation and project management, including developing process and procedures. Produce reports and analysis to support data-driven decision making for our research staff.
- Liaise between the firm’s client management and sales teams, the research team, and editorial and graphics staff; ensure that projects are planned for well ahead of time, efficiently allocated, and well-executed.
- Provide inputs to business proposals, including likely time required for deliverables and content, pricing and delivery models, and availability of relevant members of the research staff.
- Engage on the development of new client relationships/products, connect research team members and client management/sales teams. Work at the front-end with client management and sales team to ensure that new product or relationship offerings are priced appropriately and that research staff time is available to complete engagements.
- Ensure research staff responsibilities are met in areas like regular updating of our research portal; monitor and ensure adequate frequency of research outputs per agreed upon goals.
Management of the research platform personnel and process
- Work with the head of research and practice managers to monitor and direct analyst priorities as pertains to time spent in various areas, from specific project work to general advisory research.
- Execute research management process improvements (e.g. improving our system for ensuring regular conversations between research analysts and clients, manage our calendar for client conference calls, help reform our system for evaluating performance by the research team, etc).
- Facilitate discussion/interaction between the research team and other EG departments (client management and sales, IT, communications, finance, operations, etc.)
- Manage relationships with, and contracts for, outside contractors, vendors, and data/news subscription services (in partnership with our finance and legal teams).
- Contribute to marketing materials representing our research team staff and focus.
Represent Research on Governance Committees
- Serve as a member of our Operating Committee, Compliance Committee and the in-house body for managing cross-firm initiatives and pursuing new business opportunities.
- Ensure that research activities and engagements are consistent with compliance requirements.
- Help to oversee the establishment and implementation of the research team’s annual budget.
- Interface between the Director of Finance and the research team (including, but not only, overseeing budget needs, research-related external payments, etc.).
- Research/Subscriptions Budget oversight and management including analysis and prioritization of research travel budget; subscriptions; in-country resource (OCs) program.
Product development and innovation, production and quality control, knowledge management
- Help to evaluate the profitability and effectiveness of our product suite and the flow of in-house innovation suggestions; specifically, contribute to cost/benefit analysis of current and new product ideas; assess feasibility (incl. timeline, staff workload management, etc).
- Work with senior research leaders to implement new product innovations.
- Revamp and expand knowledge management systems (to ensure institutional memory across time and teams).
- You must have the ability to prioritize projects as needed and exercise considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments.
- You must have outstanding interpersonal skills, managing the flow of communication and interests of multiple parties across the firm.
- You must have strong business acumen as well as budget- and data-management skills.
- You must be familiar with the industry of insights and professional services.
- Experience with communications, marketing, and/or editing environments are a plus.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and United Kingdom.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
• An amazing mission — to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
• The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
• Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York, DC, Singapore, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, and London.
• PTO bank of 23 days and 2 summer Fridays.
• A strong belief in work-life balance.
• Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
• Business casual dress code.
• Employee referral program that begins at $1000.