CARE is seeking to hire a Director of Partnerships for Innovation who will lead CARE’s strategic thinking and execution of transformative and disruptive partnerships. The Director will be responsible for identifying partnerships that will support CARE to create impact at scale by an order of magnitude greater than our traditional partnerships. The Director will focus on engaging traditionally untapped sectors for partnerships for CARE, such as engaging social movements or building nontraditional partnerships with the private sector.
In addition broadly scoped partnerships on behalf of CARE, the Director of Partnerships for Innovation will facilitate partnerships on behalf of teams participating in the Scale x Design (SxD) Accelerator. The mission of the SxD Accelerator is to accelerate the pace of innovation in order to create impact at scale. The SxD accelerator seeks to reduce the time it normally takes for development sector approaches to blossom from an idea to a verified practice that improves millions of lives. The Director of Partnerships will play a critical role in challenging our traditional paths to scale, and facilitating relationships and negotiations and incubating new partnerships with SxD teams.
The Director of Partnerships for Innovation will report directly to the Chief Innovation Officer and work closely with all team members in the office of the Chief Innovation Officer, including the Director for the SxD Accelerator.
- Coaching accelerator teams by challenging traditional thinking about partnerships and scale.
- Facilitate relationships and creating partnerships for scale, including helping both sides understand each other, providing initial suggestions on why and how CARE would partner with external group, facilitate “getting to know you” or “test before you buy” relationship building opportunities supporting go/no go decisions about entering into formal partnerships, providing on-going support for formal partnerships.
- Support the identification of strategic partners who can bring in mentorship, in kind support to teams, etc. Work closely with fundraisers and relationship managers to create seamless donor/partner/constituent experience for these partners. Support SxD teams to keep relationships on track and productive for both parties..
- Provide high level landscape analysis around emerging CARE models and types of partnerships that, if appropriately leveraged, could enable us to increase our impact at scale by a significant factor.
- Identify patterns and more long term/broader partnerships we should be pursuing based on lessons learned, emerging patterns/trends in our work combined with understanding of emerging trends in international development, social enterprise, CSR, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred in global development, social enterprise, business, nonprofit management or other relevant fields of study;
- 10-15 years’ experience with supporting cross sector partnerships;
- Experience across multiple sectors, including traditional public, private and nonprofit sectors
- Experience with partnerships emerging from the growing continuum of work between nonprofits, social enterprises and CSR programs;
- Strong professional networks with professionals working in CSR, fundraising and partnership functions across these sectors;
- Experience working in accelerators or incubators programs or internal innovation teams a plus;
- Demonstrated skills in building and facilitating partnerships and relationships;
- Strategic thinking and the ability to operationalize strategic thinking;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in Spanish, French or Arabic a plus.