QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Director of Security Sector Governance Assistance is an experienced former Department of Defense (DOD)/Department of State (DOS) official with experience and name recognition and ability to open doors to grow QED’s presence in the Security Assistance/Security Cooperation (SC/SA) market. S/he is responsible for leading the execution of QED’s strategy to win new business in the SC/SA market. Responsibilities includes leading capture for specific DOD and DOS opportunities, providing technical content and solutioning for proposals, providing thought leadership and communications, setting up key meetings within the Pentagon and State Department, identifying new opportunities and potential partners, and positioning QED in this market to win business. S/he will work with the QED team and help build internal capacity.
• Meet with key people at DOS and DOD to position QED for upcoming opportunities
• Provide strategic capture advice for specific bids/proposals
• Help open doors and find ways to increase QED’s name recognition within SC/SA
• Identify key people as well as key organizations to partner within the SC/SA space
• Provide written content for specific sections of the proposals
• Serve as a technical and lead writer for proposals
• Author various pieces and represents QED in practice area thought leadership
• Identify new growth opportunities for QED
• Respond to ad-hoc requests for technical input on other QED projects, and other activities and tasks as needed
• Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the QED team
• Advanced degree in international affairs and/or relevant sectors
• At least 15 years’ experience in SC/SA
• At least 2 years’ experience in U.S. DOD field operations and management outside the U.S.
• Active or inactive security clearance; minimum Secret level
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills
• Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to seamlessly handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Works well independently and in teams
• Proactive in anticipating work requirements and completing tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Experience building capacity of host-country counterparts desirable
• Proposal development experience for DOD is an advantage
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without a resume/CV may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.