The Mission’s field presence consists of five regional centres/offices as well as over 30 field teams in municipalities across Kosovo. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Department, and be responsible for monitoring human and community rights, policy implementation and leading a team of dedicated professional and support staff under their area of responsibility in co-ordination with Headquarters.
- Performing specific monitoring tasks in relation to community rights, property rights, non-discrimination issues and other human rights concerns as assigned;
- Implementing the monitoring of instructions received from Headquarters;
- Drafting spot reports and compiling regular reports on activities of all Department staff located in the Regional Centre;
- Co-ordinating and co-operating closely with the Headquarters to ensure fair utilisation of capacities in the field;
- Facilitating and directing the work of other professional and support staff of the Department in the Regional Centre in line with instructions received from the Headquarters;
- Assisting and co-ordinating the implementation of projects in the field;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 3 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
- Second-level university degree in political sciences, international relations, public policy, law, international human rights law or other human rights related fields
- Work experience in senior level leadership positions in any of the following environments: diplomatic, civil service, non-governmental organisations, international organisations and/or operational missions;
- Proven experience in the management of projects and budgets;
- Sound knowledge of international and regional human rights standards and community rights;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of regional political affairs and the legal system in the Mission area;
- Demonstrated negotiation and/or conflict resolution skills;
- Knowledge of local languages.
- Professional fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure; proven resilience to high stress environments
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
- Cultural sensitivity and political judgement
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport.
- It is expected that you build a CV in Webcruiter by completing your personal information, education, professional work history, language skills and other relevant sections in the fields available.
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates.
- Approved Health Certificate will be required prior to contract commencement and deployment.