Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 2 years fixed term
The post holder shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Thailand programme. S/He champions a culture of learning and continuous improvement and is responsible for development of programme strategies and advocacy initiatives to deliver immediate and lasting change for children. The post holder also manages a team focused on design, funding, monitoring, evaluation, learning, advocacy and communications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters’ degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts
- Experience in Save the Children priority sectors: education; child protection; child rights governance; health and nutrition; food security and livelihoods; emergencies.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in an international setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience leading strategic planning, programme design and proposal development
- Ability to effectively establish a learning culture within an organisation
- Experience in successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships and partnerships with donors and government counterparts.
- Strong representation and influencing skills, and ability to build donor relationships
- Experience of management of diverse workforce including effective performance management and utilisation of capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Excellence in written and spoken English
- Strong understanding of different methodologies of monitoring and evaluation and operational research and experience in developing integrated MEAL systems
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. Closing date for this advert is 9th January 2017.