SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works to empower people to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development by engaging local partners to achieve results in inclusive business, value chain development, and impact investing.
SNV USA provides innovative solutions in Agriculture, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Renewable Energy to over 25 developing countries worldwide. An affiliate of SNV, we are a registered non-profit organization, connecting North American partners to sustainable global development. SNV USA has formed a number of exciting partnerships with prominent donors, such as USAID, USDOS, USDOL, UNICEF, the World Bank, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Master Card Foundation, Dubai Cares, the Clinton Global Initiative and the Ford Foundation.
SNV is currently seeking a Director of Finance and Operations for an upcoming 5-year USAID-funded Nepal Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS). The position is contingent upon contract or grant award. The anticipated size of the project is between $10-25M USD.
The goal of the KAWAS activity is to create healthy, resilient, and water secure communities at the watershed level through strengthened water and sanitation governance that improves water resource management (including water for ecosystems), enhances sustainable access to drinking water, improves agriculture water management, and promotes fecal sludge management.
The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for managing the finance and administration components of the program in country by ensuring consistency with SNV standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles, and compliance with USAID regulations. The position will be responsible for overall financial management of the project including but not limited to assisting the Chief of Party with contractual compliance; monitoring project budget and expenditures; making cash flow projections; and ensuring timely and qualitative financial reporting in accordance with USAID requirements. Primary responsibilities will also include supervision of field operations, administration, logistics, and procurement; management, delivery, and monitoring of sub-grants; supervision of program monitoring, evaluation, and reporting; and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required by USAID. The day to day operations will include developing and implementing financial, administrative, and personnel systems and liaising with the Chief of Party to ensure that project’s accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations needs are met.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience managing finance and operations for international donor-funded programs, with at least 5 years of experience working with USAID-funded projects and a strong preference for USAID contract experience.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience working in developing countries, with a strong preference for experience in Nepal or South Asia.
- Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible supervisory experience including director supervision of professional and support staff; quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and contracts/grants management.
- Master’s degree or higher in Business, Development Management, Economics, Public Administration, Education, or a related field.
- Thorough understanding of USAID policies and procedures.
- Proven leadership in overall project management and a strong track record of meeting targets and deadlines for a project of similar scope and size.
- Fluency in English is required. Familiarity with Nepali is strongly desired.
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a highly professional and diverse working environment.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.snv.org
Please note the position is contingent upon award. The anticipated start date is March 2020.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
References will be required for this position. Interested candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. SNV USA will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position. The successful candidate will also be required to pass a background check.