SI is seeking a full-time Director of Finance and Administration who will be based in an office in Kampala where SI is co-located with the prime contractor for this activity. The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for providing support to office operations and financial management. He/she will assure that all transactions, reporting and procedures are being followed as required by Social Impact, Inc. (SI) and USAID and will supervise a Project Assistant.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Ugandan citizenship will be considered.**
· Manage and oversee project finance, logistics, human resources/recruitment, procurement and administration
· With SI, implement procedures for daily financial operations, banking, and reporting
· Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and deliverables in line with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures.
· Run payroll monthly or bi-monthly, pay staff and relevant taxes, and submit necessary financial reports to tax authorities
· Supervise a Project Assistant who will support all finance and logistics tasks
· Supervise the petty cash distribution and reconciliation process
· Produce a Finance Operations Manual in collaboration with the Project Assistant that establishes procedures for disbursement of funds, recording of transactions and accounting for all project activities
· Work with the Project Assistant to maintain payroll, inventory and other financial and operational record keeping
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
· At least five years of financial management, administration and procurement with USAID-funded projects
· Knowledge of USAID financial and contractual rules and regulations, including AIDAR and the FAR
· Knowledge of Ugandan tax, finance and labor codes
· Proven ability to manage and monitor diverse staff
· Must have high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and QuickBooks.
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to organize, manage, prioritize and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
· Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
· Fluency in English (excellent skills in both oral and written)
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.