QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID/Azerbaijan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Mechanism. The concept of the USAID/Azerbaijan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Mechanism is to create rigorous monitoring, evaluation and learning system to strengthen USAID/Azerbaijan’s evidence-based decision making that would enhance USAID’s development objectives in Azerbaijan.
The Director of Finance and Administration will report to the Chief of Party and will have primary responsibility for ensuring the integrity and usefulness of the financial systems; facilitating the internal administrative operations; ensuring that satisfaction of USAID/Azerbaijan programmatic, financial, and other reporting requirements.
- Oversees the day-to-day field office financial management, accounting and operations
- Helps design and implement policies and procedures for achieving project efficiencies
- Supervises financial and administrative staff, as required
- Oversees recruitment, vetting, hiring and orientation of new staff, as required
- Maintains and manages field office accounts, in coordination with QED headquarters (HQ)
- Prepares and tracks project budgets and budget projections
- Reviews vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with QED policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations
- Oversees procurement and inventory management of project supplies, services, and other items in accordance with USAID rules and regulations
- Ensures timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors
- Calculates and issues payroll; calculates and submits payroll taxes to the proper Azerbaijani authorities
- Maintains complete, accurate and timely financial records in compliance with USAID and QED policies and procedures; prepares and submits monthly financial reports as directed by QED headquarters in timely manner
- Maintains and oversees internal controls with direction from Director of Finance and Compliance in HQ
- Prepares estimates of monthly cash requirements and submits to QED Project Management
- Coordinates with QED’s local legal and accounting advisors; serves as liaison between local external auditing authorities and QED headquarters
- Treasury management, including daily supervision of cash position and accounts and petty cash
- Management of field office financial filing system (both paper and electronic), in coordination with QED
- Oversee smooth project close-out in compliance with contract terms and USAID regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Certified Public or Chartered Accounting qualification preferred
- A minimum of ten years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, construction, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants
- Fluency in English – both written and verbal
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please. A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.