Director of Finance and Administration, USAID Malaria Elimination Support Activity (MESA)
Based in Yangon, Myanmar
Reports to Chief of Party, MESA
Status: This position is contingent on successful funding
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 40+ countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a Director of Finance and Administration to lead the financial management of activities under an anticipated $40M 5-year USAID/PMI-funded project with PSI/Myanmar. The project will support capacity building of National Malaria Control Program in all areas of malaria prevention and treatment in elimination settings.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for financial and administrative management of the activity, including operations, accounting, and sub-grant management. He or she will ensure financial operations are in compliance with USAID regulations by establishing financial management systems and transparent financial and reporting procedures and operational controls. The position will prepare and submit financial reports to USAID.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Responsible for financial and administrative management of the activity, including operations, accounting, and sub-grant management.
- Ensure financial operations are in compliance with USAID regulations and PSI policies & procedures by establishing financial management systems and transparent financial and reporting procedures and operational controls.
- Supervise and coordinate with project team to support Chief of Party in development of Annual Work Plan and budget.
- Lead and coordinate the review of activity’s financial performance by conducting, together with project managers, monthly program financial review & analysis meetings.
- Oversee sub-grantee financial and administrative compliance, including building the capacity of sub-awardees in financial and administrative management and compliance.
- Lead overall activity’s accurate, timely and useful financial reporting to HQ and USAID.
- Provide finance and administrative technical support and advice to the Chief of Party and Project Staff.
- Ensure cash availability to run activity and for coordinating forecasting efforts thereon.
- Support users and oversee the performance of QuickBooks Enterprise as business financial processes leader.
- Ensure effective control/tracking of PSI and its Donor’s physical assets & inventory plus maintenance of accurate records for the same.
- Ensure timely engagement of external auditors, preparation, management and successful conclusion of all auditing activities (internal, external, donor, etc) in conjunction with HQ; Including ensuring that management comments are addressed, and recommendations are implemented.
- In coordination with HR Unit, oversee accurate and timely payroll generation.
- Oversee project finance and administration staff.
What are we looking for?
- A Master’s Degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or other relevant field or Bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience
- ACCA or CPA of other internationally recognized accounting designation.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in administrative and financial management of complex international development programs of similar scope and dollar value, preferably in Myanmar or a similar context
- In depth experience with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience of professional staff.
- Experienced with ERP systems and strong working knowledge of spreadsheets. Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise will be an added advantage.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background.
What would get us excited?
- The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative, and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; and proven ability to produce results.
- Demonstrated skills in effectively negotiating with host governments, donors, other USAID projects, international and local organizations, and partners.
- Experience in building institutional, local technical, management, and leadership capacity.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, and manage staff.
- Ability to manage all donor-required programmatic and financial reporting requirements, including sub-grant management.
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the project.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent management skills.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.