*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The mission of PATH’s Market Dynamics Program is to develop and strengthen markets to increase equitable access to health products and services and improve health outcomes in low-and middle-income countries. In carrying out this mission, we work ministries of health, global agencies, and a variety of other partners to diagnose the root causes of low access to health products and services, and then design and implement strategies to improve access.
Market Dynamics (MD) is currently recruiting a Director of Finance and Administration (Director of F&A) to lead financial and administration management of the program’s portfolio of work, which encompasses multiple projects active in over 20 countries. Working with project and portfolio directors and their PADMs (Project/Program Administrators), as well as the Program Director and Deputy Director, the Director of F&A will manage the financial and administrative operations of the program from tracking of contractual and financial deliverables of projects to ensuring donor and PATH institutional compliance. The Director of F&A will work with project directors and field-based finance and compliance teams in creating, managing, and implementing project risk mitigation strategies to meet donor requirements. This position will also support business development efforts and may oversee operational excellence for projects as assigned.
- Participate as part of Market Dynamics’ leadership team, providing oversight of the administrative and financial aspects of the MD portfolio of projects, ensuring alignment with organizational and divisional administrative priorities, donor regulations, and general best practices.
- Lead MD’s financial reporting and budgeting within P&I’s divisional and PATH’s institutional processes.
- Provide oversight of all drafted agreements and ensure proper documentation is included and donor regulations are followed.
- Manage Market Dynamics overhead and discretionary pools of funding, working with leadership and PADMs to create associated budgets and monitoring against workplan/annual plans.
- Participate in P&I Division leadership meetings, respond to and coordinate division requests across MD, and coordinate all operations and finance requests for PATH leadership.
- Partner with project leads, project administrators (PADMs) across MD, and in close partnership with the Program Director and Deputy Director to manage the overall MD workforce mapping to project areas where we have either gaps in funding or gaps in available staff to conduct work.
- Contribute to MD’s overall business development efforts, with a focus on finance and operations, match staff to awards that are won as part of workforce planning, and resourcing for proposal team roles (writers, technical leads, consultants, etc)
- Support MD leadership with the development of new initiatives, developing cost models to best map out the opportunities and realities.
- Support project leads across MD by serving as liaison between the MD program and PATH’s institutional Administration, Finance, and Human Resource teams in Shared Services. Lead conversations with these Shared Services teams on routine work as well as ongoing problem solving.
- Provide MD project PADMs and administrative staff with oversight, leadership, and guidance ensuring that information from leadership meetings is cascaded and changes to practice are followed.
- Support project leads in managing donor relationships relative to financial and regulatory aspects of awards. Provide advice to project leads on these matters and lead negotiations with donors as required, with assigned projects.
- Provide oversight to PADMs and Admin staff as they establish, input, and monitor all subordinate agreements (i.e., subcontracts; sub-agreements; purchase orders; work orders; consultant agreements).
- Provide oversight to ensure accurate data management and knowledge management across all PATH systems and tools in coordination with project PAs and PADMs as appropriate. These include but are not limited to: Business World, SalesForce, Smartsheet, Box, and SharePoint.
- Provide administrative support to the PATH Peru Project Office. Liaise with the project team(s), facilities, and local staff for management and operations.
- Review and collaborate with Finance unit in preparing financial reports and invoices.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure compliance with PATH policies, requirements, and standards.
- Facilitate procurement needs for teams, with assigned projects.