PATH is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) for the upcoming five-year USAID-funded “Lowlands Health Activity” in Ethiopia. The Lowlands Health Activity will improve health and nutrition outcomes in the pastoral areas by increasing access to, and the quality and utilization of health services through 1) enhancing PHC facility governance and functionality; 2) Improving access to and quality of services through client-centered and contextualized service delivery models; and 3) increasing adoption of healthy behaviors, including utilization of health services.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The DFA will be responsible for providing robust financial management and accounting oversight to the project including sub-partners. The DFA will also develop financial and compliance operating systems and internal controls for the project, including compliance of the project with local laws and USAID regulations.
*Please note this position is contingent upon award to PATH and approval from USAID. Ethiopian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Oversee project operations including human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts, grants and accounting/finance.
- Establish financial systems and policies for the project that are in compliance with USAID contracting requirements and PATH’s standard financial practices.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and develop annual and monthly project budgets.
- Advise project staff on USAID requirements and provide training on financial leadership and management, record keeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
- Develop and monitor budgets for the project.
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly invoices and quarterly financial reports, including projections and forecasting.
- Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Chief of Party and partners.
- Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests to PATH and USAID.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Prepare all required documentation for accounting and audits.