PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. PATH in Kenya supports local governments, US government (USG) implementing partners, and local technical experts in the design and implementation of high quality, impactful programs.
Afya Ziwani is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, and Nyamira counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “95-95-95” targets.
We seek to recruit a Director of Finance and Administration who will manage the budget and pipeline to ensure Afya Ziwani operates within the approved obligation and budget ceiling and that expenditures are aligned with the contract, USAID policies and cost principles, and PATH systems and procedures. The director of F&A will also oversee office infrastructure, IT services, and transportation for HSDSA staff. Reporting to the COP, s/he will be based in Kisumu but oversee project activities across Kisumu, Homa Bay, Migori and Nyamira counties.
- Oversee the project’s operations from a finance and administration perspective.
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with donor and PATH policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight on the procurement, logistics, human resources, accounting, finance, and records functions.
- Provide ongoing financial management to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, sub awards and vendor invoices.
- Manage the project budget and prepare financial reports for submission to USAID.
- Fashion and implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure that the systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the project.