Director of Finance and Administration
Reports to: Chief of Party
Supervises: Admin, Procurement, and Logistics Assistant
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to create dramatic improvements in the performance of organizations and programs working to enhance the social and economic well-being of people around the world. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is implementing a five-year USAID-funded Mexico Civil Society Activity with the goal to improve the institutional capacity of intermediate service organizations and civil society organizations to effectively implement their development agendas related to crime and violence prevention, criminal justice reform, and human rights.
SI is seeking a full-time Director of Finance and Administration to coordinate the multiple operational components necessary for efficient program and office support under the USAID-funded Mexico Civil Society Activity. The Director of Finance and Administration will oversee the Administrative and Logistics Assistant.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Mexican citizens will be considered. **
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; review and clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements to senior management for approval; collate financial reporting materials to be sent to HQ and oversee all financial, program/project and contract accounting;
• Coordinate and serve as points of contact for both internal and external audits;
• Oversee and lead monthly budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Chief of Party, tracks project expenditure against budgets, and keeps project leadership and the HQ project management team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
• Track expenditure against project implementation budget;
• Manage project office cash flow and forecasting;
• Participate in Grants program review, serve as member of technical evaluation committee;
• Provide financial management capacity building training to CSOs as appropriate;
• Review and approve vouchers created by the Logistics and Administrative Assistant;
• Implement and oversee a robust accounting and internal control system for the project office and clearly communicate processes and procedures as well as roles and responsibilities to finance and administration staff;
• Responsible for reconciling the bank accounts and properly account for all expenditures;
• Responsible for processing payroll and paying all payroll and other taxes on a timely basis;
• Own, update, and enforce all policies and procedures.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
• Ensure that recruitment processes are consistent and streamlined;
• Work with HR assistant to maintain accurate and complete employee archives
• Manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures;
• Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations;
• Oversee safety and security including security tracking, travel updates, security protocol implementation, EVD prevention and travel tracking.
• Ensure overall compliance with USAID and Social Impact rules and regulations;
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
2. Possess more than five years’ demonstrated experience overseeing operations and finances for a USAID-funded project
3. Degree or certification in accounting strongly preferred
4. Fluency in written and spoken English required.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft office, specifically Excel
6. Demonstrated ability to understand and implement pertinent company and client policies and procedures clearly and accurately
7. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public
8. Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively orally and in writing
9. Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality in day-to-day work
10. Ability to establish, maintain, and prepare records and reports
11. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Deadline for submission: Friday, October 21, 2016.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.