PATH seeks a Director of Finance & Administration (DFA) for the upcoming multi-year USAID-funded “Surveillance for Malaria Elimination” (S4ME) activity in Ethiopia. The S4ME activity will support Ethiopia’s NMEP to achieve their goals and objectives of sub-national malaria elimination, particularly to attain near zero malaria deaths and eliminate malaria in selected low transmission areas.
PATH works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the most pressing health challenges. PATH implements innovative, sustainable health solutions that align with the country’s needs and priorities, empowering millions to transform their own health.
The DFA will be responsible for providing robust financial management and accounting oversight to the project including sub-partners. The DFA will also develop financial and compliance operating systems and internal controls for the project, including compliance of the project with local laws and USAID regulations.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
- Oversee project operations including human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts, grants and accounting/finance.
- Establish financial systems and policies for the project that are in compliance with USAID contracting requirements and PATH’s standard financial practices.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and develop annual and monthly project budgets.
- Advise project staff on USAID requirements and provide training on financial leadership and management, record keeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
- Develop and monitor budgets for the project.
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly invoices and quarterly financial reports, including projections and forecasting.
- Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Chief of Party and partners.
- Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests to PATH and USAID.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Prepare all required documentation for accounting and audits.
- Take on duties as maybe assigned by Chief of Party and other senior partners.