PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Asian, Middle East, and Europe (AMEE) Region leverages its internal and global expertise to drive transformative and innovative practices that reflect the Asian, Middle Eastern, and European context. By mobilizing our pre-existing talent within the region and working with our global teams, we take innovation to scale by working alongside our Ministries of Health to reduce health disparities.
PATH’s External Affairs (EXA) division is seeking a Director of External Affairs for the AMEE Region. The position will report to PATH’s Chief of AMEE Region with a dotted line to the Chief of External Affairs. She/he will sit on the global External Affairs Leadership Team. This position may be based in any of the Country Program offices in Europe: Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK), Switzerland, or Belgium.
The Director of External Affairs, AMEE Region, is a senior leader who will be responsible for overall external affairs activities in the region including positioning PATH, internal and external communications, and supporting PATH’s AMEE region offices in external affairs activities and in building and strengthening capacity throughout the region.
The Director of External Affairs, AMEE Region, is a key leadership position for PATH. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee all external affairs and communications activities and strategies for the AMEE Region, reporting directly to the Chief of AMEE Region.
- Serve as a strategic partner and advisor to both the Chief of External Affairs and the Chief of AMEE Region on external and internal positioning, ensuring that external stakeholder and internal employee perspectives inform strategies and decision-making.
- Serve as a key member of the EXA Leadership Team.
- Support Chief of AMEE Region, Regional Hubs, and Country Directors with strategic communications needs including positioning for key awards, crisis communications, and media relations.
- In partnership with the global EXA Leadership Team, help design the future organizational model for communications and advocacy functions across the AMEE Region.
- Support regional and program leaders to represent PATH in external meetings and convenings to promote the organization, influence policy discussions, and identify potential areas for partnership and donor engagement.
- In partnership with PATH’s global advocacy and policy team, build relationships with key stakeholders and participate in forums, convenings, networks, and meetings with relevant partners to advocate for public health policies and resource commitments.
- In partnership with PATH’s global communications and marketing teams, oversee all strategic communications for the AMEE Region, both internally and externally, including crisis and executive communications, brand marketing and reputational awareness, positioning communications, global events, and creative in the AMEE Region.
- In partnership with PATH’s external affairs strategy team, develop and lead implementation of the EXA AMEE Strategy to define key audiences and go-to-market strategies.
- In partnership with PATH’s philanthropy team, help develop content for fundraising campaigns and reports for key donors in the AMEE Region.
- Develop training to support AMEE leaders’ external affairs and communications skills development.
- Contribute to building institutional knowledge of AMEE philanthropy landscape by gathering intelligence and capturing interactions within PATH’s CRM.